I always get so many questions about how I do my hair, so you guys might be surprised to know that until recently, I actually was pretty terrible at doing it myself. But I finally found the right tools, products, and haircut(!) that made doing everyday loose waves so much easier. This is a look I often do for shoots, events, or even just casually when I want a step up from my usual messy top knot. It takes about 15 minutes in total, and the products I use (which are minimal) are very affordable. Watch my full tutorial and shop all the products below!
A Few Tips:
1. Whether it’s clean or dirty, make sure your hair is bone dry. This will make the curls hold much better.
2. Always keep the wand vertical.
3. When sectioning off your hair, don’t rush it by trying to curl big pieces. Smaller sections will hold longer, about a centimeter to an inch maximum. Your patience will pay off!
4. Keep the ends straight by leaving about 1.5 inches of each section off of the barrel. This gives a much cooler look (no Shirley Temple curls for me, thank you!).
5. Brushing tangles out of each section before curling makes waves more smooth.
6. Utilize clips to section out your hair and keep what you’re not working on out of the way.
7. Mix up the direction of the curls, but curl the front sections away from your face as it frames the face better.
8. Once curls are set, tease them at the top for a nice tousled look.
9. Follow up with dry shampoo, but don’t spray it too closely to your head so that you don’t get any of that white residue.
10. Separate the curls with your fingers or comb for a cool texture.
Voila! What other tutorials would you guys like to see? Tell me below!