Ah, spring is finally here! Days are longer and brighter and it’s time to spruce up our homes. Here are my 5 easy and affordable ways to brighten up your home for spring:
1. Switch up your bedspread. Spring is the perfect time to give your bedroom a mini-makeover and nothing says ‘spring is here!’ like changing up your bedding. It’s an inexpensive way to freshen up your bedroom and give it a new feel. I love a nice mix of vibrant floral prints and soothing pastel tones.
2. Make sure every room has flowers (even a single one will do the trick). You’ll be surprised by how big a difference they make. The colour, the scent – it’s spring in a vase! Think tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths in a mix of beautiful jars and vintage teapots and vases around the house. And you don’t need to be a florist to create a beautiful bunch to display. Just start by placing your tallest flower in the centre and work your way out. If you like, you can add some greenery to add texture.
3. Add bright pillows and throws. Swap out your warm winter textiles for more cheerful, pastel ones. It’s an easy way to lighten up the space and instantly add a pop of colour. I am a fan of pillows and I have them sprinkled everywhere in the house, from the sofa to our dinner table chairs, to our bedroom armchair and bench – they make any space extra cosy and inviting.
4. Light spring-scented candles. Consider floral scents like jasmine, lavender, and honeysuckle for a lovely touch of freshness.
5. Have fun with bright accessories, from stylish coffee table books to hand-painted ceramics, and colourful knick-knacks to create beautiful accents around your home.