Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!

Ready to find out the gender of our baby?? I’m so excited to announce that Mackenzie and I are having a little GIRL, and we can’t wait to meet her! It’s been so much fun reading all of your comments, and all of the guesses based on the size and shape of my bump. Funnily enough, so many of you thought I was having a boy! I guess it just goes to show you that each pregnant woman carries differently, and that those old wives tales about bump shape aren’t always accurate.

While we don’t have any names 100% chosen yet, we do have a few that we really love (which we won’t be revealing until she’s born – sorry!). Since nothing is set in stone yet, make sure to comment all your name suggestions – we’ll definitely be reading each one. We are just so over the moon that we’re having a girl – though we would have of course been thrilled either way. Mackenzie was convinced we were having a boy, and it’s very sweet: he’s already so protective, and worrying about her having boyfriends in the future. I told him we’ve got a while before we need to face all that! I just can’t wait to see him with her – they do say you fall in love with your partner in a whole new way once you see them as a parent.

We’ve begun working on her nursery, which you guys will see soon, and we had a fun little gender reveal for some of our friends recently. I wanted to show you guys the cute setup we did, to give some party inspiration.

We wanted to decorations to be relatively gender neutral, as we didn’t want to give the surprise away upfront. Yellow and green flowers are a great addition for the table, and even certain shades of blue (like on this cute garland) can be gender neutral. I always love gold accents, so I laid a chic gold foil garland on the table and set out gold straws. The surprise came when Mackenzie popped these hilarious poppers (available here on Etsy), and pink glitter exploded everywhere! There are so many fun gender reveal accessories on Etsy, that it would be easy to get carried away – LOL. For treats, I chose these deliciously simple gluten-free vanilla cupcakes, which were also neutral and didn’t take away from the other decorations.

What do you guys think? Did any of you guess the gender correctly? Tell me in the comments below, and don’t forget to send your name suggestions!

Shop The Post

Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations

23 responses to “Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!”

Congratulations on your baby girl!!!!! This must be so exciting for you both!Thank you for sharing with us too!!

2. James Pearn says:

Congratulations. I have two girls. They are the loves of my life.

3. Lara Jones says:

Congrats Louise!!!!

4. Claudia says:

How exciting! Long shot that you’ll read this, but my husband and I are also expecting our first baby girl in January ๐Ÿ™‚
    It sounds like we may actually be within a few weeks from each other. Anyway, it’s been super fun watching your bump grow and reading your pregnancy posts. Huge congrats to you and the hubby!!

5. Cristina says:

OMG I couldn’t be more happy for you. Congratulations ??

6. Safa tr says:

Congratulations Louise ? sure she s gonna be pretty like her mummy ??

7. Louise says:

Congratulations to you and your husband as well! xx

8. Sophia says:

Congratualtions to both of you โ˜บ๏ธ When I first saw you on “plane Jane” i thought “what a beautiful Woman” and now you gonna have a beautiful daughter ?
    I think the Marlene is a

9. Sophia says:

… a cute and classic name for both girls and women. But maybe it sounds better to germans (in german ?) than in englisch

10. Cheryl says:

Super fun!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

11. Isabel says:

Congratulations ??????

12. Katja says:

Congratulations on your baby girl! <3 Much love!

13. thefolia says:

I tell everyone I know who is pregnant about “Back Labor No More” by Janie McCoy King ( I even gave a copy to Emily Henderson). I read and tried the lift with 2 of the 3 of my pregnancies ( I was not going to redo my first experience!) The author dedicated an entire book to this lift and was soooo happy with the results. The baby has to be in the correct position for it to work (do some crawling before the big day to make certain) and be certain to be in the place where you would like to have the baby, because after this lift you will be holding your darling within ten minutes. Happy gestation to you!

14. Steph says:

Congratulations to you both! Very exciting! My niece’s name is Maya (pronounced May-ah) and she’s the most adorable, hilarious, well mannered little four year old ever! We call her May May and she loves it! X

15. Francesca says:

I wish you happiness and a lot of fun. You deserve them. Big hug… For the baby name I suggest…. FRANCESCA?

16. Alice says:

Congratulations!!! You’ re both so nice and beautiful and I’m sure you’ re going to be a wonderful family.. ?โ€?โ€?
    Wish you the best from Italy! ?

I suggest Claire โ™ก

17. Me says:

I have two little lidies their names are Sofรญa and Pastora I like this two because of their meaning the First is knowledge and the second one is the one who leads, and also have religious symbology

18. Marcel says:

Congratulations Louise and to your husband. ?
    She Will be a pretty woman like you Louise ?

19. Mรณnica says:

Congrats!!
    I was right ?
    I ll leave you here some names
    – Isabel // Elisabeth
    – Kate
    – Alexandra
    -Lucy
    -Gabriela

20. Laura says:

Hello Louise! It is the first time I am comment on your blog (even though I’ve been following you since Plain Jane days). I do comment you a lot on Instagram but this post deserves my comment here!!

Yes!!! I knew it was a girl!! I am so happy for you guys!!! As a name suggestion…I can reveal how I want to name mine, which is Sienna! Also I love the names of Olivia and Emma.

I can’t wait to know her name!

Congrats!! ๐Ÿ™‚

21. Cecilia says:

Congratulations! I suggest Charlotte (ร  la franรงaise), Eloise, Elizabeth, Katherine, Victoria, Cecilia, Annalisa (italian).

22. Christina says:

Congratulations!!! How exciting! My name suggestion = Scarlett. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Can you guys believe it's Fall already? Switching up my accessories to darker colors - like this leather watch from @oliviaburtonlondon, with the prettiest rose gold celestial print face โœจ#MyOliviaBurton #Celestial #ad
  • โœŒ๐Ÿผ out New York...
You were short but sweet ๐ŸŽ
Ps. For this outfit and all my outfits, hit the link in my bio and subscribe to my newsletter ๐Ÿ“–
  • Loose top โœ”๏ธ
Flat shoes โœ”๏ธ
So ready to eat every carb in sight at the @nycwff
Watch my stories to see what I find ๐Ÿท
@capitalone #capitalonepartner #nycwff #savormoments
  • Off on a business trip... can you guess where? โœˆ๏ธ ๐ŸŒƒ
  • I will always have a love affair with linen! ๐Ÿ‘—
http://liketk.it/2xGbK #liketkit @liketoknow.itโ €
  • Last night was so different to any other Hollywood event Iโ€™ve ever attended. Powerful, awesome women came together to celebrate the work that has been done since the #MeToo movement began. Yes thereโ€™s still a long way to go, but last night left me with food for thought and a sense of hope. It made me more determined than ever that my daughter and her peers grow up in a world that respects and values women as an equal sex. During a stunning, candlelit dinner, there were readings of letters, poems and articles on stage by the likes of Charlize Theron, Anna Kendrick, Tiffany Haddish, Amber Heard and Annie Lennox. Being informed is important, but sharing that information and keeping the conversation going, is crucial.
Thank you @netaporter @portermagazine for having me ๐Ÿ’ƒ #oneyearstronger #incrediblewomen
  • Munchkin on a pumpkin!! What should we be for our first family Halloween? ๐ŸŽƒ
  • Who says red and pink clash?? Shop this look and all other runway looks from @discovercotton's Fashion Delivered Runway show that I hosted at #NYFW using the link in my bio until October 11th! ๐Ÿ’˜#shopcotton @amazon #adโ €
  • My hair tutorial is finally here!! โ €
Is anyone else terrible at doing their hair?๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿป Good news: I finally found the right products, tools and tricks to make everyday waves SO much easier. Click the link in my bio to watch the full tutorial and snag all the products used (they're all super affordable!)โ €
  • Me, Coby and @mackenziehunkin
#vcpoloclassic @veuveclicquot ๐ŸŽ
  • He gave me free ๐Ÿ• so I let him photobomb my ๐Ÿ“ท ๐Ÿ˜ Best start to the weekend le chef @thomaslimbo at my new fave restaurant ever @elephante
  • How exactly do you stand out when there are so many social media stars these days? Click the link in my bio for my top 5 crucial tips for setting yourself, your feed and your blog apart. New edition of #bloggingtips on Front Roe today! http://liketk.it/2xCyi #liketkit @liketoknow.it
powered by chloรฉdigital
Louise Roe Bronze Smokey Eye Beauty Tutorial
New Beauty Tutorial: Sexy Bronze Eyes and Golden, Glowy Skin

It's officially Fall here in LA this week and I'm actually loving the colder weather and grey mornings. I'm snuggled...