Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!

Ready to find out the gender of our baby?? I’m so excited to announce that Mackenzie and I are having a little GIRL, and we can’t wait to meet her! It’s been so much fun reading all of your comments, and all of the guesses based on the size and shape of my bump. Funnily enough, so many of you thought I was having a boy! I guess it just goes to show you that each pregnant woman carries differently, and that those old wives tales about bump shape aren’t always accurate.

While we don’t have any names 100% chosen yet, we do have a few that we really love (which we won’t be revealing until she’s born – sorry!). Since nothing is set in stone yet, make sure to comment all your name suggestions – we’ll definitely be reading each one. We are just so over the moon that we’re having a girl – though we would have of course been thrilled either way. Mackenzie was convinced we were having a boy, and it’s very sweet: he’s already so protective, and worrying about her having boyfriends in the future. I told him we’ve got a while before we need to face all that! I just can’t wait to see him with her – they do say you fall in love with your partner in a whole new way once you see them as a parent.

We’ve begun working on her nursery, which you guys will see soon, and we had a fun little gender reveal for some of our friends recently. I wanted to show you guys the cute setup we did, to give some party inspiration.

We wanted to decorations to be relatively gender neutral, as we didn’t want to give the surprise away upfront. Yellow and green flowers are a great addition for the table, and even certain shades of blue (like on this cute garland) can be gender neutral. I always love gold accents, so I laid a chic gold foil garland on the table and set out gold straws. The surprise came when Mackenzie popped these hilarious poppers (available here on Etsy), and pink glitter exploded everywhere! There are so many fun gender reveal accessories on Etsy, that it would be easy to get carried away – LOL. For treats, I chose these deliciously simple gluten-free vanilla cupcakes, which were also neutral and didn’t take away from the other decorations.

What do you guys think? Did any of you guess the gender correctly? Tell me in the comments below, and don’t forget to send your name suggestions!

Shop The Post

Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations

23 responses to “Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!”

Congratulations on your baby girl!!!!! This must be so exciting for you both!Thank you for sharing with us too!!

2. James Pearn says:

Congratulations. I have two girls. They are the loves of my life.

3. Lara Jones says:

Congrats Louise!!!!

4. Claudia says:

How exciting! Long shot that you’ll read this, but my husband and I are also expecting our first baby girl in January 🙂
    It sounds like we may actually be within a few weeks from each other. Anyway, it’s been super fun watching your bump grow and reading your pregnancy posts. Huge congrats to you and the hubby!!

5. Cristina says:

OMG I couldn’t be more happy for you. Congratulations ??

6. Safa tr says:

Congratulations Louise ? sure she s gonna be pretty like her mummy ??

7. Louise says:

Congratulations to you and your husband as well! xx

8. Sophia says:

Congratualtions to both of you ☺️ When I first saw you on “plane Jane” i thought “what a beautiful Woman” and now you gonna have a beautiful daughter ?
    I think the Marlene is a

9. Sophia says:

… a cute and classic name for both girls and women. But maybe it sounds better to germans (in german ?) than in englisch

10. Cheryl says:

Super fun!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

11. Isabel says:

Congratulations ??????

12. Katja says:

Congratulations on your baby girl! <3 Much love!

13. thefolia says:

I tell everyone I know who is pregnant about “Back Labor No More” by Janie McCoy King ( I even gave a copy to Emily Henderson). I read and tried the lift with 2 of the 3 of my pregnancies ( I was not going to redo my first experience!) The author dedicated an entire book to this lift and was soooo happy with the results. The baby has to be in the correct position for it to work (do some crawling before the big day to make certain) and be certain to be in the place where you would like to have the baby, because after this lift you will be holding your darling within ten minutes. Happy gestation to you!

14. Steph says:

Congratulations to you both! Very exciting! My niece’s name is Maya (pronounced May-ah) and she’s the most adorable, hilarious, well mannered little four year old ever! We call her May May and she loves it! X

15. Francesca says:

I wish you happiness and a lot of fun. You deserve them. Big hug… For the baby name I suggest…. FRANCESCA?

16. Alice says:

Congratulations!!! You’ re both so nice and beautiful and I’m sure you’ re going to be a wonderful family.. ?‍?‍?
    Wish you the best from Italy! ?

I suggest Claire ♡

17. Me says:

I have two little lidies their names are Sofía and Pastora I like this two because of their meaning the First is knowledge and the second one is the one who leads, and also have religious symbology

18. Marcel says:

Congratulations Louise and to your husband. ?
    She Will be a pretty woman like you Louise ?

19. Mónica says:

Congrats!!
    I was right ?
    I ll leave you here some names
    – Isabel // Elisabeth
    – Kate
    – Alexandra
    -Lucy
    -Gabriela

20. Laura says:

Hello Louise! It is the first time I am comment on your blog (even though I’ve been following you since Plain Jane days). I do comment you a lot on Instagram but this post deserves my comment here!!

Yes!!! I knew it was a girl!! I am so happy for you guys!!! As a name suggestion…I can reveal how I want to name mine, which is Sienna! Also I love the names of Olivia and Emma.

I can’t wait to know her name!

Congrats!! 🙂

21. Cecilia says:

Congratulations! I suggest Charlotte (à la française), Eloise, Elizabeth, Katherine, Victoria, Cecilia, Annalisa (italian).

22. Christina says:

Congratulations!!! How exciting! My name suggestion = Scarlett. 🙂

• The love boat ♥️
Thank you Vegas for the best weekend ever!
  • Of course we were front of the queue when the @VenetianVegas pool opened this AM! #ad #VenetianVegas #VenetianCelebrates
  • We made it to Vegas baby!! Time for Mum & Dad to have some fun 💫 @venetianvegas #venetianvegas #ad #venetiancelebrates
  • Greengrocer tip! Ever wish your fruit and veggies wouldn’t wither as soon as you got them home?! Enter this clever little fruit and vegetable wash which gives them a new lease of life. All natural, no chemicals and no food waste! Link in bio 🥦🌶🍐🍅 http://liketk.it/2GLWX #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • I remember the first time I met Ralph Lauren. I was working at Vogue.com in London, and was flown to Moscow (yes Moscow!!) for the launch of his flagship store there. The runway show was epic: a live orchestra played, and afterwards we drank frozen vodkas shots with pickles, and ate supper at the ambassador’s home under a hundred candelabras. We danced til the sun came up. Tonight, I’m getting a sneak peek at his @skyatlanticuk documentary, #VeryRalph, which I’ve been DYING to see, and it was incredible! Catch it tomorrow on @skyatlanticuk, or on demand any time. #ad
  • #ad Friendsgiving has become a very happy tradition for me. Living in LA, all us Brits had families far away so to celebrate the holiday we would gather to cook, eat, drink, play games, and laugh for hours. I was naturally always in charge of cocktails and this year I’m making the @ketelonebotanical Botanical Spritz. So easy to make and so delicious with no sugar and no carbs- just add club soda and fresh fruit to your favourite varietal in a wine glass! Can’t wait to bring this tradition back to England this year! #PeachandOrangeBlossom #KetelBotanical #BotanicalSpritz
  • I had so much fun shopping for Honor at @ilgufo_official today- and I got to chat to the Italian heritage brand’s elegant CEO @alessandrachiavelli ... watch it all on my stories. How are Italians just always so impeccably chic!? #ad #ilgufo_official
  • Today we walked to the town square and listened to the trumpets salute our fallen soldiers, we watched the helicopters fly overhead, and we listened to the choir sing. I wish Honor could have met her brave great-grandfathers, who fought in the RAF and the army, but I shall make sure I tell her all about them, and that every year we will proudly wear our poppies. #LestWeForget #RemembranceSunday
  • Literally got my claws into him 🤣
True romance ♥️
Love you babes @mackenziehunkin
  • Writing down your dreams and goals is such a powerful way to start making them a reality - but when was the last time you took the time to do it? I have lots of plans for the year ahead (like creating our dream family home!) and @kikki.k dream journals are the perfect way to set the wheels in motion, inspired by @kristinakikkik and her book. Link in bio. #101milliondreamers #kikkikdreamlife #kikkiklove #ad
  • Note to self: wearing leather trousers and heels to a reclamation yard does not get you the best deals 💰 😂🔨
Watch what we were doing here on @louiseroehome
  • My interiors obsession knows no bounds! On #FrontRoe today I’m looking at how to add pattern and colour to your home and why it’s not something to be nervous of. Link in bio to read http://liketk.it/2GvAC #liketkit @liketoknow.it @wicklewoodlondon
Louise Roe Bronze Smokey Eye Beauty Tutorial
New Beauty Tutorial: Sexy Bronze Eyes and Golden, Glowy Skin

It's officially Fall here in LA this week and I'm actually loving the colder weather and grey mornings. I'm snuggled...