Diet & Fitness: How I’m Staying In Shape During My Pregnancy

So many of you guys have asked me for ages to show you my diet and fitness routines, so today I’m showing you how I’m staying fit and healthy during my pregnancy. To be honest, my lifestyle hasn’t changed that much since I’ve been pregnant. There are obviously certain things that I’ve had to cut out like caffeine (although I do have one cup of tea in the morning and a decaf iced latte some afternoons), alcohol (I’m enjoying my one glass of red per week and oh my gosh – it’s heaven); sushi (I can still have California rolls, according to my doc, so that’s awesome), but I am eating relatively similar to before in terms of portions and cravings. I’m working out around four times per week, whereas before I would try to hit the gym or a class five times per week. Before pregnancy, I was always very health conscious, but I still gave in to a sweet tooth or pizza craving every now and then, and you guys know I love my cocktails – I’m a big believer in balance. It’s the same since I got pregnant – I want to give the baby as many nutrients and possible, but I don’t try to be perfect. I am pregnant after all, and cravings are par for the course. In the early stages of my pregnancy I had cravings for carb-loaded, salty, savory, cheesy things – which I gladly gave into. Now that I’m entering my third trimester, I’m back to my (mostly) normal self.

I try to incorporate tons of fruit, veggies, and healthy breads and grains into my diet. I love shopping at the farmer’s market on Sundays to grab local organic foods. I’m finally learning how to cook, so I’ll often pick up something fresh to make during the week. I drink dairy, albeit in smaller portions, and I eat real bread, real pasta – yes the dreaded gluten is in my diet at least 3 times a week! I love fish, seafood and chicken, but don’t eat that much red meat. I always need something sweet after dinner: either a chocolate yogurt, some ice cream or my childhood fave – a banana mashed with milk and topped with cacao powder. Read below for my typical diet during the week, and make sure to watch my full Vlog to follow along for every meal and every workout class I did last week! I’ve also linked some of my favorite (maternity & non maternity) fitness wear at the moment for you to browse.

Shop Activewear:

My Typical Breakfast:
PG Tips tea with 1 sugar and Lactaid Milk
Slice of pumpernickel or rye toast with marmite spread or coconut peanut butter
or
Steel Cut Oatmeal/Purely Elizabeth Oatmeal with Lactaid Milk or Almond Milk
Topped with bananas and maple syrup

Mid-morning/snacks:
About three times a week, I love my decaf iced latte with regular milk. It’s an absolute treat. I also love Trader Joe’s chocolate yogurt – it totally reminds me of being a kid.

Lunch:
Is usually spent out, on the run. I may have a lunch meeting at a restaurant or cafe (where I would probably get a salad, bowl, or avo toast), or I may be on a shoot and have to grab something quick and handheld. If I’m at home, I’ll usually have leftovers, or maybe a sandwich with deli meat and avocado (if you’re preggers, make sure to zap your deli meat in the microwave for 30 seconds to get rid of any potentially harmful bacteria – my doctor told me to do this).

Dinner:
I really go for it at dinner! We tend to have whatever we want. Whether it’s supper out at a restaurant, at a work event, or a home cooked meal with friends at home. You guys know I’m not the world’s best cook, but I am learning how to make some simple recipes here and there – like balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with grapes and walnuts!

10 responses to “Diet & Fitness: How I’m Staying In Shape During My Pregnancy”

1. Karen Ettinger says:

Freebie Fridays!

Good to hear the deli meat goes into the microwave 30 sec to kill any bacteria

2. Yuanqing He says:

Love it! Also #freebiefridays

3. Paola says:

Hello Louise,
    my diet is like your…is very very similar but I’m a little bit more fat (lol).
    But I dont understand how many times did you ho go to run?

Kiss
    Paola

4. Tugce says:

I adore your positive attitude!

5. Maria Grazia Conti says:

I find you absolutely powerful! You’re an ispiration to me!! Love you!

6. Maria Jose Verdu says:

7. Lex MG says:

Oh! How odd: I was under the impression that caffeine was OK during pregnancy. Not from personal or direct experience, but I used to be part of a discussion forum and one of our regular members would give us regular updates on her pregnancy, and she said she looked into it (online plus doctors) and came to the conclusion that the was NO definitive proof of ANY problem with intaking caffeine during pregnancy. Now you have me doubting that info. Also, that was about 10 years ago. Maybe new research shows_ _ _. Still, I would think it would have made headline news. Maybe I missed it.
    Anyway, thanks for continuing to post often ! Salutations.

8. Asma blagui says:

Love you

9. Kristiel says:

I did it I sign up and hoping I will win

10. Jessie says:

Pregnant women should not drink ANY alcohol. I cannot imagine your doctor hasn’t told you about that and don’t see how one can be so irresponsible.

• Of course we were front of the queue when the @VenetianVegas pool opened this AM! #ad #VenetianVegas #VenetianCelebrates
  • We made it to Vegas baby!! Time for Mum & Dad to have some fun 💫 @venetianvegas #venetianvegas #ad #venetiancelebrates
  • Greengrocer tip! Ever wish your fruit and veggies wouldn’t wither as soon as you got them home?! Enter this clever little fruit and vegetable wash which gives them a new lease of life. All natural, no chemicals and no food waste! Link in bio 🥦🌶🍐🍅 http://liketk.it/2GLWX #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • I remember the first time I met Ralph Lauren. I was working at Vogue.com in London, and was flown to Moscow (yes Moscow!!) for the launch of his flagship store there. The runway show was epic: a live orchestra played, and afterwards we drank frozen vodkas shots with pickles, and ate supper at the ambassador’s home under a hundred candelabras. We danced til the sun came up. Tonight, I’m getting a sneak peek at his @skyatlanticuk documentary, #VeryRalph, which I’ve been DYING to see, and it was incredible! Catch it tomorrow on @skyatlanticuk, or on demand any time. #ad
  • #ad Friendsgiving has become a very happy tradition for me. Living in LA, all us Brits had families far away so to celebrate the holiday we would gather to cook, eat, drink, play games, and laugh for hours. I was naturally always in charge of cocktails and this year I’m making the @ketelonebotanical Botanical Spritz. So easy to make and so delicious with no sugar and no carbs- just add club soda and fresh fruit to your favourite varietal in a wine glass! Can’t wait to bring this tradition back to England this year! #PeachandOrangeBlossom #KetelBotanical #BotanicalSpritz
  • I had so much fun shopping for Honor at @ilgufo_official today- and I got to chat to the Italian heritage brand’s elegant CEO @alessandrachiavelli ... watch it all on my stories. How are Italians just always so impeccably chic!? #ad #ilgufo_official
  • Today we walked to the town square and listened to the trumpets salute our fallen soldiers, we watched the helicopters fly overhead, and we listened to the choir sing. I wish Honor could have met her brave great-grandfathers, who fought in the RAF and the army, but I shall make sure I tell her all about them, and that every year we will proudly wear our poppies. #LestWeForget #RemembranceSunday
  • Literally got my claws into him 🤣
True romance ♥️
Love you babes @mackenziehunkin
  • Writing down your dreams and goals is such a powerful way to start making them a reality - but when was the last time you took the time to do it? I have lots of plans for the year ahead (like creating our dream family home!) and @kikki.k dream journals are the perfect way to set the wheels in motion, inspired by @kristinakikkik and her book. Link in bio. #101milliondreamers #kikkikdreamlife #kikkiklove #ad
  • Note to self: wearing leather trousers and heels to a reclamation yard does not get you the best deals 💰 😂🔨
Watch what we were doing here on @louiseroehome
  • My interiors obsession knows no bounds! On #FrontRoe today I’m looking at how to add pattern and colour to your home and why it’s not something to be nervous of. Link in bio to read http://liketk.it/2GvAC #liketkit @liketoknow.it @wicklewoodlondon
  • ad Having a true Hollywood moment in these stunning @pronovias gowns - which do you prefer, 1 or 2?
I’m also thrilled to show you my special edit of 5 fabulous dresses (for your wedding, Holiday party, NYE...) that are in store now at Pronovias on Bond St! Go shopping- it’s the ultimate dressing up box 💙#PronoviasEditLondon
Halloween DIY: Pregnant Avocado Costume

This Halloween will be unlike any other for me – I’m now in the third trimester of my pregnancy, and...