Diet & Fitness: How I’m Staying In Shape During My Pregnancy

So many of you guys have asked me for ages to show you my diet and fitness routines, so today I’m showing you how I’m staying fit and healthy during my pregnancy. To be honest, my lifestyle hasn’t changed that much since I’ve been pregnant. There are obviously certain things that I’ve had to cut out like caffeine (although I do have one cup of tea in the morning and a decaf iced latte some afternoons), alcohol (I’m enjoying my one glass of red per week and oh my gosh – it’s heaven); sushi (I can still have California rolls, according to my doc, so that’s awesome), but I am eating relatively similar to before in terms of portions and cravings. I’m working out around four times per week, whereas before I would try to hit the gym or a class five times per week. Before pregnancy, I was always very health conscious, but I still gave in to a sweet tooth or pizza craving every now and then, and you guys know I love my cocktails – I’m a big believer in balance. It’s the same since I got pregnant – I want to give the baby as many nutrients and possible, but I don’t try to be perfect. I am pregnant after all, and cravings are par for the course. In the early stages of my pregnancy I had cravings for carb-loaded, salty, savory, cheesy things – which I gladly gave into. Now that I’m entering my third trimester, I’m back to my (mostly) normal self.

I try to incorporate tons of fruit, veggies, and healthy breads and grains into my diet. I love shopping at the farmer’s market on Sundays to grab local organic foods. I’m finally learning how to cook, so I’ll often pick up something fresh to make during the week. I drink dairy, albeit in smaller portions, and I eat real bread, real pasta – yes the dreaded gluten is in my diet at least 3 times a week! I love fish, seafood and chicken, but don’t eat that much red meat. I always need something sweet after dinner: either a chocolate yogurt, some ice cream or my childhood fave – a banana mashed with milk and topped with cacao powder. Read below for my typical diet during the week, and make sure to watch my full Vlog to follow along for every meal and every workout class I did last week! I’ve also linked some of my favorite (maternity & non maternity) fitness wear at the moment for you to browse.

Shop Activewear:

My Typical Breakfast:
PG Tips tea with 1 sugar and Lactaid Milk
Slice of pumpernickel or rye toast with marmite spread or coconut peanut butter
or
Steel Cut Oatmeal/Purely Elizabeth Oatmeal with Lactaid Milk or Almond Milk
Topped with bananas and maple syrup

Mid-morning/snacks:
About three times a week, I love my decaf iced latte with regular milk. It’s an absolute treat. I also love Trader Joe’s chocolate yogurt – it totally reminds me of being a kid.

Lunch:
Is usually spent out, on the run. I may have a lunch meeting at a restaurant or cafe (where I would probably get a salad, bowl, or avo toast), or I may be on a shoot and have to grab something quick and handheld. If I’m at home, I’ll usually have leftovers, or maybe a sandwich with deli meat and avocado (if you’re preggers, make sure to zap your deli meat in the microwave for 30 seconds to get rid of any potentially harmful bacteria – my doctor told me to do this).

Dinner:
I really go for it at dinner! We tend to have whatever we want. Whether it’s supper out at a restaurant, at a work event, or a home cooked meal with friends at home. You guys know I’m not the world’s best cook, but I am learning how to make some simple recipes here and there – like balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with grapes and walnuts!

10 responses to “Diet & Fitness: How I’m Staying In Shape During My Pregnancy”

1. Karen Ettinger says:

Freebie Fridays!

Good to hear the deli meat goes into the microwave 30 sec to kill any bacteria

2. Yuanqing He says:

Love it! Also #freebiefridays

3. Paola says:

Hello Louise,
    my diet is like your…is very very similar but I’m a little bit more fat (lol).
    But I dont understand how many times did you ho go to run?

Kiss
    Paola

4. Tugce says:

I adore your positive attitude!

5. Maria Grazia Conti says:

I find you absolutely powerful! You’re an ispiration to me!! Love you!

6. Maria Jose Verdu says:

7. Lex MG says:

Oh! How odd: I was under the impression that caffeine was OK during pregnancy. Not from personal or direct experience, but I used to be part of a discussion forum and one of our regular members would give us regular updates on her pregnancy, and she said she looked into it (online plus doctors) and came to the conclusion that the was NO definitive proof of ANY problem with intaking caffeine during pregnancy. Now you have me doubting that info. Also, that was about 10 years ago. Maybe new research shows_ _ _. Still, I would think it would have made headline news. Maybe I missed it.
    Anyway, thanks for continuing to post often ! Salutations.

8. Asma blagui says:

Love you

9. Kristiel says:

I did it I sign up and hoping I will win

10. Jessie says:

Pregnant women should not drink ANY alcohol. I cannot imagine your doctor hasn’t told you about that and don’t see how one can be so irresponsible.

• This Saturday is national #GirlsNightIn?? I love a good reason to get my girls together for yummy cocktails and dinner! I'm prepping a late-Summer garden party for my ladies with a peach & orange blossom cocktail, featuring @KetelOneBotanical - which only took a few seconds to make! #KetelBotanicalPartner
  • NYFW was a whirlwind! Today on #FrontRoe I'm highlighting my favorite, super wearable trends I saw on the runways to start wearing NOW, featuring super affordable picks from @ebayfashion - link in bio http://liketk.it/2xnBS #liketkit @liketoknow.it  #ebayfashion #ebaystyle #ad⠀
  • Another sunny afternoon in LA ☀️ My sandals are @amanustudio and you can shop the rest of my look by downloading the @liketoknow.it app and screenshotting this pic!
http://liketk.it/2xoJN #liketkit
  • Excited for the #emmys ! Watch my stories to see my hot date ❤️ as we head inside for a night of entertainment! Thank you @capitalone #savormoments #capitalonepartner
  • Bringing you another edition of #FrontRoeTravelGuides today! This time? The place @mackenziehunkin and I took our 'second honeymoon' 💕 Tulum! Click the link in my bio for tips on where to eat, drink, and relax 🏝
  • Had such a fun time talking all things
fashion and beauty with @Simply at @FashionIsland. It's gonna be a fab Fall season, guys! #StyleWeekOC #SIMPLYFashionIsland #FashionIsland
  • So excited to be a part of @FashionIsland's #StyleWeekOC, speaking on @Simply's fashion panel about upcoming trends, tips and more - tomorrow from 2 to 5pm! #SIMPLYFashionIsland #FashionIsland
  • Mood when you just ate fresh pasta made by Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka 🎉 such a fun evening celebrating the launch of @CapitalOne’s new Savor Card! #savormoments #capitalonepartner
  • Just hanging out in my theatre dressing room… You can tune in to watch the @DiscoverCotton Fashion Delivered Runway Show I hosted during #NYFW at the link in my bio! Watch-and-shop the looks as they come down the runway on Amazon.com/ShopCotton- such a cool shopping experience! #ShopCotton @Amazon
  • Look Mum!! 👀
#pinchme
  • Totally switched these heels for flats right after I took this pic 🙈- but I’m ready for a day of meetings and shows - let’s go #Nyfw!
  • Sploshing about in my waterproof suede (yes suede!!) boots from @Italeau, who have pledged, along with @water, to bring long-term clean drinking water to an individual in the developing world, for every pair of boots sold from their new collection on italeau.com. Shop at the link in my bio, and post a pic of yours playing in water - for everyone posting @italeau will donate a month of clean water! #givewaterchallenge #italeau #sponsored
Halloween DIY: Pregnant Avocado Costume

This Halloween will be unlike any other for me – I’m now in the third trimester of my pregnancy, and...