My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin

I always get tons of questions on my daily makeup routine, and while I sometimes go for full coverage and a more dramatic eye, for photoshoots (it helps even out lighting), in my every day life I’m super low maintenance. I prefer a 5 minute routine with less steps, and less products! I believe that the basis for good makeup is great, clear, glowy skin, and it allows you to need less product day-to-day. I thought it would be fun to show you guys the “no-makeup makeup” look that I actually do on a daily basis. This look is only 3 steps and lasts all day, which is the perfect routine for on-the-go ladies like myself. Plus, you can also shop all the products I used from Sephora below.

Shop The Look:

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 1: Primer

I always start by making sure my skin is clean and well moisturized. Not a day goes by that I don’t use serum, followed by an SPF moisturizer in the morning. It’s a crucial part of my routine that makes sure skin is supple and better prepared to take on makeup. My first makeup product is always a primer, and lately I’ve been loving this new Milk Blur Stick. I tend to suffer from dark circles and redness around my nose, so color correction is something I try to do even when I’m wearing minimal makeup. This stick acts almost like a lightweight foundation and color corrector. It blurs out pores, evens skin tones and corrects redness, which is perfect for me. I also love the texture it leaves on my skin – not matte, but not shiny, it’s that perfect balance of slightly dewy!

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 2: Light Foundation

Next up is a buildable foundation, which I actually don’t use all over the face. I love this Tarte Clay Stick Foundation, as you can draw it on specific areas of your face almost like a highlighter, and blend with your fingers. I use it on my cheekbones, under the eyes, around my nose, and a bit on my chin – kind of like a concealer! This gives a bit of a contouring effect, and allows some of your natural skin tone to show through while still being perfected (which is the goal of the no makeup look, right?). I also love that this brand is safe and natural – free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, talc, gluten, and it’s even vegan! A huge plus.

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 3: Setting Powder

Finally, I always set my makeup. This is an important step in the ‘no makeup’ look especially in Summer. Because the coverage is already pretty light, you risk sweating off your makeup completely without using something to hold it in place. While I sometimes go for a setting spray, I find that a powder works best in Summer. I’ve always been a huge fan of the famous Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – it’s legendary for a reason! It blends smoothly over makeup, doesn’t look ashy or cakey, and helps everything stay for hours. My tip? Always tap the brush to lose the excess powder before applying it, and only cover your T-zone, and under the eye. This means you’ll still keep the shimmering, dewy areas on your cheekbones. To finish everything off, I complete my look with a bit of brow pencil and one or two swipes of mascara. Voila! What do you think of my look?

Products Used: Blur Stick by Milk Makeup, Light-Medium Neutral Clay Stick Foundation by Tarte Cosmetics, Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier, all from Sephora

7 responses to “My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin”

1. Tania says:

That dress looks stunning on you 🙂

2. Alejandra Paredes says:

The powders. are colorless? What do you recommend?

3. Lilioutfits says:

Love your make up!It looks so well!thanks for your tips

4. Rebecca says:

Great Post!! Could you share where that gorgeous dress (maybe romper?) is from?

5. wpadmin says:

Hey Rebecca, thanks so much for your comment. It’s a set from Faithfull The Brand, I’ll be posting about it in the next week or two as I’m obsessed with the color and print at the moment! x

6. wpadmin says:

For light to medium skin, buy the original translucent powder. But if you have deep-dark skin go for their newer translucent deep shade, as the original might wash you out! Hope that helps

7. Kim Barker says:

I bought all 3 of these product. I LOVE the Milk Blur stick and the Tarte Clay Stick Foundation. They feel so good on your skin and really do the job evening out skin tone and under eye circles. Both these brands were off my radar, so THANK YOU for posting about them. They are now a staple in my routine. And bet of all you can do it in 3 easy steps!

• The love boat ♥️
Thank you Vegas for the best weekend ever!
  • Of course we were front of the queue when the @VenetianVegas pool opened this AM! #ad #VenetianVegas #VenetianCelebrates
  • We made it to Vegas baby!! Time for Mum & Dad to have some fun 💫 @venetianvegas #venetianvegas #ad #venetiancelebrates
  • Greengrocer tip! Ever wish your fruit and veggies wouldn’t wither as soon as you got them home?! Enter this clever little fruit and vegetable wash which gives them a new lease of life. All natural, no chemicals and no food waste! Link in bio 🥦🌶🍐🍅 http://liketk.it/2GLWX #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • I remember the first time I met Ralph Lauren. I was working at Vogue.com in London, and was flown to Moscow (yes Moscow!!) for the launch of his flagship store there. The runway show was epic: a live orchestra played, and afterwards we drank frozen vodkas shots with pickles, and ate supper at the ambassador’s home under a hundred candelabras. We danced til the sun came up. Tonight, I’m getting a sneak peek at his @skyatlanticuk documentary, #VeryRalph, which I’ve been DYING to see, and it was incredible! Catch it tomorrow on @skyatlanticuk, or on demand any time. #ad
  • #ad Friendsgiving has become a very happy tradition for me. Living in LA, all us Brits had families far away so to celebrate the holiday we would gather to cook, eat, drink, play games, and laugh for hours. I was naturally always in charge of cocktails and this year I’m making the @ketelonebotanical Botanical Spritz. So easy to make and so delicious with no sugar and no carbs- just add club soda and fresh fruit to your favourite varietal in a wine glass! Can’t wait to bring this tradition back to England this year! #PeachandOrangeBlossom #KetelBotanical #BotanicalSpritz
  • I had so much fun shopping for Honor at @ilgufo_official today- and I got to chat to the Italian heritage brand’s elegant CEO @alessandrachiavelli ... watch it all on my stories. How are Italians just always so impeccably chic!? #ad #ilgufo_official
  • Today we walked to the town square and listened to the trumpets salute our fallen soldiers, we watched the helicopters fly overhead, and we listened to the choir sing. I wish Honor could have met her brave great-grandfathers, who fought in the RAF and the army, but I shall make sure I tell her all about them, and that every year we will proudly wear our poppies. #LestWeForget #RemembranceSunday
  • Literally got my claws into him 🤣
True romance ♥️
Love you babes @mackenziehunkin
  • Writing down your dreams and goals is such a powerful way to start making them a reality - but when was the last time you took the time to do it? I have lots of plans for the year ahead (like creating our dream family home!) and @kikki.k dream journals are the perfect way to set the wheels in motion, inspired by @kristinakikkik and her book. Link in bio. #101milliondreamers #kikkikdreamlife #kikkiklove #ad
  • Note to self: wearing leather trousers and heels to a reclamation yard does not get you the best deals 💰 😂🔨
Watch what we were doing here on @louiseroehome
  • My interiors obsession knows no bounds! On #FrontRoe today I’m looking at how to add pattern and colour to your home and why it’s not something to be nervous of. Link in bio to read http://liketk.it/2GvAC #liketkit @liketoknow.it @wicklewoodlondon
Louise Roe using SKII Facial Treatment Essence
My Anti-Aging Secret Weapon

I'm so excited to talk to you guys today about one of my favorite beauty products. I've partnered with SK-II...