If you guys have been following along on my Instagram stories, you might be familiar with Emily by now She’s the muscle behind Front Roe and helps me bring all of my creativity and ideas to life, doing everything from photography to editing, social media strategizing and more. In my opinion, we’re the ultimate team – we’re constantly bouncing ideas off one another, and manage to have a giggle along the (super busy and sometimes hectic) way! We’re always striving to make Front Roe bigger and better for you guys. With the amount of time we spend working together, she’s practically family at this point!
So, we were thrilled when La Prairie invited us to try out their brand new Line Interception Power Duo, which is an incredible, new anti-aging product. It comes with 2 chambers within one bottle (which I love because I’m constantly packing for a trip, and looking to downsize on what I take), one containing a day SPF cream, and one a nourishing night cream. The innovative science behind this product reduces 3 types of wrinkles: expression lines, sun-induced fine lines, and creases/folds. La Prairie asked us to try it for 14 days and 14 nights in the lead up to New York Fashion Week, where it’s crucial my skin looks good for long days of shoots and filming. Being the beauty-obsessed “power duo” that we are (sorry – I couldn’t resist that!), we were intrigued to try the products (plus their cleanser, which we used before each cream application) seeing as we have different ages and skin types.
Em focused more on the night aspect and I focused on the day cream. For me, I saw a tightening around my eyes – less dryness for sure – and a brightening around my mouth where smile lines are starting to form. That’s an area i’m particularly interested in protecting and preserving, and the cream served as a great base to hydrate the area, making it look noticeably better when I applied highlighter and foundation afterwards.
I’m taking this product on the plane with me and applying it all the way to New York! See you on the east coast later this week, for some major runway inspo! Since Emily and I both are self-professed skincare connoisseurs, we rounded up our top tips to make taking care of your skin easier, quicker, and more effective – perfect for girlbosses on the go, like us!
1) Drink water. I know you’re probably sick of hearing it at this point, but celebs always tout water as their skincare secret weapon, because it works. Staying extra hydrated helps add bounce to your skin, while also making the skin more able to absorb helpful products.
2) Exfoliate twice a week. Using a high quality exfoliator is great for sloughing off dead skin cells, and also because you only have to use it twice a week, max. Try one like this.
3) Never, ever forget your SPF. This one’s a biggie – SPF is your best friend in combatting the signs of aging, so that’s where the Line Interception Power duo comes in handy. It’s both an anti-aging product and SPF in one.
4) Use night cream religiously. This goes hand in hand with the above step – both are totally essential steps to your daily routine. Again, the Power Duo makes life easy by being both a night cream and anti-aging product in one.
5) Sleep in on Saturdays. Girlbosses need their beauty sleep. While you’re probably up early hustling Monday through Friday, give yourself some extra zzz’s when the weekend hits. Your skin will thank you.
Thank you to La Prairie for sponsoring this post