Gold Tropical Leaves For Your Home

I’m so glad that I’ve gotten to share my home makeover with you guys – it’s been so fun seeing the transformation and the result of all of our hard work. If you’ve been following along, you know that I’m a huge fan of both gold and tropicana accents. I usually always have fresh flowers throughout my home, but I decided to try something different when I found this cute DIY idea on Instagram. These gold tropical leaves are made in about 15 minutes – you just need a variety of leaves, washi tape, and spray paint! They make a totally chic and unexpected arrangement for your home. Try it!

Supplies:

An assortment of tropical leaves. I used Monstera leaves (these are the cool split leaves that you see all over Pinterest), tea leaves and palm leaves. You can get them at a local florist – call around to different ones in your area to see if they carry these!

Gold spray paint

Roll of washi tape

Butcher paper

Steps:

1) Tape off your leaves into the design that you want the spray paint to be; for the Monstera leaves, I covered the stem so that just the leaf itself would get sprayed. Have fun with different shapes!

2) Take these outside and set on a large sheet of butcher paper. Cover your desired sections with spray paint.

3) Leave to dry for about an hour, and remove washi tape carefully. Place in a vase with water immediately.

gold tropical leaves
Louise Roe | Gold Paint Tropical Leaves | Chic DIY | Front Roe blog 2
Louise Roe | Gold Paint Tropical Leaves | Chic DIY | Front Roe blog 3

louise signature

8 responses to “Gold Tropical Leaves For Your Home”

1. Emma says:

Wow, these are so pretty. What a lovely idea!

2. Sahara Forbes says:

Wow, I must try this

3. Bobbi Juni Saputra says:

Its a gorgeous design and I do love it.

4. So fun! Going to do this for my next India Hicks Get Together. 🙂

5. Sandy Hanson says:

Great idea…so went out in backyard picked some leaves and oooh la la. A great idea for a Christmas door or how about as placemats.

6. Ibouroi says:

Magnifique

7. Kaleigh velling says:

Do you know how long they last for?

8. Kaleigh velling says:

Do you know how long the leaves last for in water?

• Looking through old photos today, how was she ever this little? Just a little mouse!
So to all the mummies out there... how is the jump from 1 to 2 👶? Not quite ready yet, but pondering!
  • I’m freezing. Should’ve worn my thermal vest like Mum said 👕
But I do love these jeans!
  • London Fashion Week I’ve missed you!
Ps. This is my mum’s @marksandspencer coat from the ‘80’s, how cool is that 😎
  • Bill and Ben, the flower pot men 🌾
  • The faux-leather skirt of dreams... Such a perfect piece for giving me a bit of power when I need it. Link in bio for why I love the power of the leather skirt and shop my faves http://liketk.it/2KktR #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Between work trips and house moving, I haven’t had a chance to get to a gym. I really enjoyed my training session with @pvolve the other weekend but the best thing about them is that you can stream the exercises from home, which makes working out in my own time so much easier. Swipe up on my stories for the link and use my code LOUISEROE for 15% off. There’s also free international shipping so you can try their equipment anywhere. #pvolvepartner
  • #ad Getting ready for a biiiig red carpet tonight in London, I’ll be chatting to every star of @skytv’s brand new #SkyUpNext shows... watch my takeover live on @SkyTV’s IG, and plan your sofa entertainment for the rest of 2020! Ps. These shows are epic, I got a sneak peek 📺 🧐
  • Winter ☀️ my fave...
  • No time to take a pic today so i filmed a little unpacking update instead! Are you following @louiseroehome yet? Here’s a peak of my new closet... & excuse the greasy hair, I am gross (but v happy!) 😂 📦 📦 📦
  • I don’t love what the long winter has done to my energy levels & skin! Some of the little changes I made since moving from LA, for winter wellbeing: porridge for brekkie, homemade ginger tea, oversized cosy jumpers and @LumityLife supplements. The morning capsules stop me reaching for a second (or third!) coffee, and the night time vitamins have helped me wind down & sleep better. Swipe up on my stories to shop  #Lumity #LumityLife #YourBestAgeIsNow #ad
  • At this point, am I in the #SATC movie?! A fond farewell to @eliesaabworld from the Dubai Desert #leparfumessentiel #eliesaabparfum #backtoessentials #ad
  • #ad This is Joker. Which I think is the perfect name for my 🐪. And actually, the people of Dubai have all got an amazing sense of humour! What a fantastic trip @eliesaabworld #eliesaabparfum #leparfumessentiel #backtoessentials
Runway Hair Style: Top Knot With A Twist

I’ve talked to you guys recently about growing my hair out for my wedding in October, and about that awkward...