Red lipstick is a true beauty classic, and one of my favorite looks! I love conjuring a little Old Hollywood glamour with a swipe of lipstick, and I especially love the boost that a bold shade can give a girl. Seems like wearing such a bold shade automatically adds a little spark, whether you’re wearing it with a blazer and jeans or a gorgeous dress. I’ve gathered up 10 of my favorite lipsticks (you guys seemed to like my post about my favorite nail polishes, so I’m following it up with lippy!) to share with you:
1. Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion: A perfectly orange-red in rich, creamy lipstick. Those interlocking Cs are pure luxury, and so is this ultra flattering shade.
2. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche in British Red: With a name like that, what’s not to love? This lipstick reminds me of the brilliant red on London’s double decker buses.
3. Tom Ford Lip Color in Scarlett Rouge: If your skin tone is on the fairer side, this is going to be your go-to shade. It’s an investment, but a good one…
4. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Are You Red-Y?: … And just in case you want to try a red that’s a little more budget-friendly, this is a great shade for paler girls as well!
5. Dolce and Gabbana Monica Voluptuous Lipstick in Cool Red: A rare combination of opaque red lipstick with skin conditioning conditioners, I love this lipstick for how soft it leaves my lips.
6. Revlon Creme Lipstick in Orange Flip: This brilliant, true red wears super evenly, and the it’s so bright and punchy that it borders on Tangerine. So pretty on a darker skin tone!
7. MAC Lipstick in Dangerous: The color says it all, this lipstick is hotter than a live wire! A bit of advice with this one, apply, blot and reapply for vivid color that lasts and lasts.
8. YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Blood Red: This luxurious lippie has the faintest hint of blue to it, meaning it makes your teeth look whiter!
9. Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Seduce: Red, with a hint of berry. I love the look of this lipstick blotted onto lips lightly. So French.
10. Givenchy Le Rouge in Carmen Escarpin: And speaking of French, the appeal of this crimson is totally vampy and luxe. Everything, from the tube its in to the cherry red, is perfect.
I’d love to hear from you! What shade of red is in your makeup bag?