It’s Finally Here – Our Baby’s Nursery!

Readers of my blog will know that I’m obsessed with interior design (even more than fashion lately!), but this particular design project was more special than anything else we’ve done at home so far: our baby girl’s nursery. Maybe I’m just hormonal, but this adorable space turned out so sweet that it brought me to tears when finished.

Mackenzie and I were keen that the space wasn’t too ‘babyish’ – it was important to keep it elegant and in keeping with the rest of the house too. I adore a very English country feel, having grown up there; plus our house here in LA was built in the 1930’s, so it lends itself well to antique furniture and traditional prints.

First up, I went for wallpaper. I think it gives a room such depth. Chintz was top of my list, and is making a major comeback! I found the perfect pattern by my friend Nathan Turner. As soon as I laid eyes on it, I stopped looking at anything else.

Knowing we were having a daughter, I opted for a feminine color palette. Instead of traditional pinks, I took the green and peach from the wallpaper and ran with it. I found a storage basket from Serena & Lily, woven with a hint of seafoam, which is a great way to hide diapers!

I worked with Jessica McCarthy from the design firm Decorist, who whipped up a mood board from my notes, and began suggesting retailers and products for the space. Decorist does all correspondence between designer and client online, and is a really cost-effective way to work with a designer. Jessica’s advice has been super helpful in putting the space together – as a nursery isn’t just about aesthetics but a very practical array of items, and where they need to be placed, which is all new to us!

Jessica suggested layering a vintage rug over a sisal one, and she sourced the neutral rug from Bed Bath & Beyond, and I found the vintage one all the way in Turkey on Etsy! I love bringing unexpected things together and seeing how they work. The antique chest and side table from Viyet really brought the whole space to life – complemented by the 1920’s encyclopedia prints, which were another unexpected twist! I love how they look very chic and grown up, but are actually educational for children too. To pick up on the warmth of the gold frames, Jessica found a mirror and standing lamp, also from Bed Bath and Beyond.

One day when my Mum was visiting from England, we stumbled into Pottery Barn Kids, and fell in love with a crib, chair, and bedding. I couldn’t resist the lamb mobile, which Mackenzie has just finished hanging! The chair rocks and reclines, perfect for nursing in the middle of the night, and we got to choose an exact, custom fabric that would match the curtains, which we got from Loom. The ‘cot’ – as we call them in England, also turns into a toddler bed in a few years, which is handy. To keep everything neutral (I didn’t want anything bright), I chose simple, white quilted bed linen, which looks gorgeous. Plus, how cute is this little onesie? It looks adorable hanging on these silk mini hangers.

Lastly, I’m a bookworm, and grew up with traditional children’s literature like Peter Rabbit. So I couldn’t resist buying the full Beatrix Potter collection, to store on a marble shelf. Hopefully the ‘nursing corner’ will one day become our little girl’s ‘reading corner’ instead! Shop all the pieces below!

Shop Our Nursery:

Louise Roe Baby Girl Nursery Reveal

16 responses to “It’s Finally Here – Our Baby’s Nursery!”

1. I love how neutral, but feminine it is. I wish you an amazing parenting, filled with joy and love!

Your nursery is looking fabulous and I love that it’s so you!!

3. Cheryl says:

Very peaceful and lovely. I adore the Beatrix Potter books. My girls would carry them with them in their purses.

4. Ella says:

Louise it is just BEAUTIFUL! Most nurseries tend to be a cute explosion of pink or light blue, but this is way more charming in my opinion ☺️

5. smoothielover07 says:

Love, love, LOVE Honor’s nursery! Everything’s so adorable, of course! That little onesie hanging on her dresser and those booties on the Rifle Paper Co. edition of Little Women…babies will always and forever have the cutest things. 😀

6. Lindsay says:

Love this ???Such a classic theme you’ve got going on there. Pretty wallpaper, lovely fabrics & Beatrix Potter books ??

7. Malia says:

Love it, especially the (future) book corner!!

8. Jae says:

Love the feminine color palette you got going on in the nursery. Your baby girl is so lucky to have such a beautiful nursery! Good luck on the remaining of your pregnancy!

9. Lichelle Nielsen says:

Such a beautiful and inspiring nursery forbyde cutest baby girl! Just s little tip regarding the mobile pattern over the crib: Babies gets more stimulated by moving colors, therefore colorful mobile pattern are the best way to stimumate your baby and help them focus their ability of sight. But again, really cute nursery items you’ve decorated the room with 🙂 best of luck and joy to you and your family!

10. Marianna says:

Beautiful nursery, Louise! I’m decorating my baby girl’s nursery, so thank you for the tips and inspiration!

11. Michelle says:

It looks gorgeous

12. kathy moschi says:

Yours nursery is so beautiful and styled…I did not expect anything less than you,I wish you to spend unforgettable moments of happiness in this room…..xoxo

13. Eva Fakari says:

Wish you all the best!,,,

Love from Greece!

14. Jana says:

TOPNOTCH!!
    Always been in love with your taste, and now more.
    Lucky Honor little girl, God bless her.
    Xoxox
    Best Regards,
    Jana

15. Kat says:

Crib bumpers can be a suffocation hazard and are best done without. Please be mindful.

16. Kelly says:

I am looking for an off white crib like this one, when I click on the link to your crib, it almost acts like it doesn’t exist anymore, is this color off white? Do you perhaps know anywhere else that might have anything similar if this one isn’t available! I love love love the space you have created!!! 🙂

• You’ve heard me bang on about @BeautyPie since they launched - now you can judge for yourself! The first ever membership club for beauty lovers (up to 80% off top tier beauty – all the time), the code LOUISESENTME gets you £50 extra allowance to spend in your first month 💫
Every product detail is below for you, so you know what I used! #BeautyPie #ad #PieGirl
Plantastic Nourishing Shea Butter Hand Cream: on my décolleté. Such a treat
Superdrops High Intensity Hydration: I use this day and night on clean skin before I use anything else. Sinks in really quickly.
Triple Hyaluronic Acid and Lipopeptide Serum: double dosing on the hyaluronic!
Everyday Great Skin Foundation Sample Set: get one of these if you’re new to the brand
Everyday Great Skin Foundation: I’m a mixture of 250 Wheaty and 100 Ivory. I use the Flawless Foundation Blending Sponge for this as it doesn’t leave brush marks.
Wheaty: https://www.beautypie.com/face/foundation/everyday-great-skin-foundation-wheaty/?utm_source=louiseroe&utm_medium=instagram&utm_campaign=everydaygreatskinfoundation
Ivory: https://www.beautypie.com/face/foundation/oil-free-micro-mineral-serum-foundation-ivory/?utm_source=louiseroe&utm_medium=instagram&utm_campaign=everydaygreatskinfoundation
Blending sponge: https://www.beautypie.com/flawless-foundation-blending-sponge-duo/?utm_source=louiseroe&utm_medium=instagram&utm_campaign=flawlessblendingspongeduo
One Palette Wonder: such gorge colours
  • Feeling a bit sassy after my tanning tutorial this morning so I put on this dress (it’s $29!) for an afternoon of DIY 🔨 😂! Link on my stories x ps. My earrings are @lovenesslee
  • I find good mascara the hardest item in my makeup bag to find. Watch this...
#ad #atlashd @marcjacobsbeauty
  • ⁠Kitchen reveal! I’m so excited to bring you the first proper look at our new home…starting in the kitchen. Follow @LouiseroeHome for more... Everything we used is at the link in bio or you can shop via http://liketk.it/2Pgpb #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Calling all culture vultures! Missing gallery wanderings and art filled weekends? Me too. On #FrontRoe today is a list of all the ways you can get your culture fix from the comfort of your own home. Link in bio or swipe up on my stories. http://liketk.it/2Pa8j #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • We will, we will ‘rake’ you 🎶
And sorry it took me so long to convince @mackenziehunkin to dance again... watch til the end 🕺🏻 Link to items in my bio & stories xx
  • Putting the bins out was getting boring, so I decided to make it a red carpet! Who am I kidding, I never put the bins out...
Actually, I put on this gorgeous @thenadyashah  gown in aid of @britishredcross & @thedigitalcarpet -
They’re encouraging everyone to do the same and donate!
@henryconway
  • Taking full advantage of the sunny spells and spending as much time in the garden as possible. We’re very lucky to have some outside space at the new house and I’m even more grateful that Honor is loving learning all about it. Picking flowers from the garden is a really lovely part of our day and wearing @boden_clothing colourful clothes helps too #ad
  • I feel like I finally found my 🍏 bottom jeans 😂
Linking to this outfit on my stories- the jeans are half price, and so is the top! 💥
  • I made my own marmalade, and it’s actually edible!!
  • Anyone else find they’re drinking more🍹than usual? We tried these refreshing orange quarantini sundowners last week - a zesty alternative to my old faithful marg. Recipe in bio 😋 http://liketk.it/2OGHE #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Not much makeup but a big difference...
All products are linked in my stories and highlights, except for the foundation, which is available @theskinspot
What Was In My Hospital Bag

As you guys may know, we recently welcomed our daughter Honor into the world last week! What to pack in...