How To Style Neutral Knits For Fashion Week

I can’t deny that I love any opportunity to snuggle up in cozy layers… And there is nothing more perfect for doing exactly that than a turtle neck. Thick or thin, oversized or fitted, if it’s in a neutral shade, then I’ll have them all please! When your packing space is limited for Fashion Week, they’re the perfect piece to throw in your bag that will mix and match with any bottom that you bring. There are infinite ways to style neutral turtlenecks, appropriate for every occasion, and this fall I’m pairing mine with a color palette of soft, warm shades of peachy pinks, burnt oranges, deep maroons, and, of course, neutrals. I love to choose pieces in multiple shades, but also with contrasting textures to style with my neutral knits: from leather to silk, embroidered to crocodile skin. There’s something expensive-looking about mixing your textures like this that I love – it’s a great way to cheat a high-end look without necessarily having to splurge.

Obviously, turtlenecks are easy to style for a casual look – you could pair them with pretty much any kind of jean and shoe. But the perfect way to dress them up for Fashion Week (which is like the fashion Superbowl!) is with leather pants and a statement heel. You guys already know how much I love a leather trouser, and they’re basically a match made in heaven with any knit.

I’ve coupled this gorgeous lightweight caramel knit with my favorite maroon leather pants, then added in these super fun leopard heeled mules (how cute are they?!) and this beautiful honey-toned satchel bag for a no-brainer look that I feel chic and comfortable jetting about New York in.

Shop My Look:

Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants

What I’m Wearing: Sweater by Cuyana (similar here), pants by Day Birger Et Mikkelsen (similar here), heels by Senso (similar here), bag by Brahmin.

19 responses to “How To Style Neutral Knits For Fashion Week”

1. #FREEBIEFRIDAYS

6. Alice Hudson says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    @alicemarie07

love this fall look ?

7. Suze says:

#freebiefriday #freebiefridays Instagram racer0909

I love these colours and want the bag!

8. Deborahcon_h says:

You always are such an inspiration #freebiefridays @deborahcon_h

9. icnomanen says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS

10. Ania says:

You look stunning #freebiefriday @aniaaapawlak <3 x

11. Carlotta says:

#freebiefridays @carlottamazzu ! Love you ?

12. Amit Keidar says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    IG Name: amitkeidar

Xx

13. Teresa Jennifer Sugumar says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS

@teresa_jenni

I love your color coordination. ?
    On point!!

Instagram: rome__m

17. Katharina Blattner says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    On Instagram :
    @katblattner

18. Leila alemi says:

#FrontRoeWins adore this look!

19. ana-looka says:

I love this look!!!

• This party has got the greatest buffet ever...watch on my stories 🧀 🍕
@vanityfair
  • Welcome back ☀️ http://liketk.it/2A3Un #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Party time 🎉 🎈
  • All my favorite things about being a mummy up on @romyandthebunnies now - link in bio
http://liketk.it/2zUyp #liketkit @liketoknow.it ⠀
  • I got so many questions about my headbands at fashion week - I decided to do a post about my new best friend for bad hair days - the 'turband'! Click the link in my bio to learn how to wear one, and shop all my favorites http://liketk.it/2zUAf #liketkit @liketoknow.it ⠀
  • Such a fun Sunday morning - I loved meeting you all and launching @dove’s new dry serum antiperspirant. And for those who couldn’t come to Hollywood... swipe up on my stories for behind the scenes moments and some Dove freebies! #dovepartner #feelitbelieveit”
  • It’s almost #Oscars Sunday! Looking back at some of my favorite awards show looks, which is your favorite? And what should I wear this year?!
  • Occasionally there is a WOW product that completely changes your skin: @no7usa's new Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum is it! When it launched in the UK, the waiting list grew to 17 thousand people, and they lined up around the block to get one. Intrigued? Watch my stories... ps. tap the pic to find out where to buy #No7USA #ad #No7Laboratories
  • More people than EVER are zipping off in search of Winter sun... so I’ve rounded up the most flattering swimwear to buy right now! Link in bio http://liketk.it/2yOkn #liketkit @liketoknow.it ⠀
  • Happy ♥️ Day lovers!
  • I’m trying out @Dove’s new Dry Serum Antiperspirant – inspired by skincare serums. Now that I think about it, why wouldn’t you treat all the areas of your body as well as you treat your face?? It feels super soft on my skin. #DovePartner #FeelItBelieveIt
  • Just us girls, having a cuppa ☕️ Read my interview about motherhood, work and life in LA, on @hatchgal (link in bio)⠀
⠀
Louise Roe Trip To The Envoy Hotel In Boston
Front Roe Travels: Our Trip To Boston!

One of my favorite parts about my job is being able to travel all over the world, and while I've...