How To Style Neutral Knits For Fashion Week

I can’t deny that I love any opportunity to snuggle up in cozy layers… And there is nothing more perfect for doing exactly that than a turtle neck. Thick or thin, oversized or fitted, if it’s in a neutral shade, then I’ll have them all please! When your packing space is limited for Fashion Week, they’re the perfect piece to throw in your bag that will mix and match with any bottom that you bring. There are infinite ways to style neutral turtlenecks, appropriate for every occasion, and this fall I’m pairing mine with a color palette of soft, warm shades of peachy pinks, burnt oranges, deep maroons, and, of course, neutrals. I love to choose pieces in multiple shades, but also with contrasting textures to style with my neutral knits: from leather to silk, embroidered to crocodile skin. There’s something expensive-looking about mixing your textures like this that I love – it’s a great way to cheat a high-end look without necessarily having to splurge.

Obviously, turtlenecks are easy to style for a casual look – you could pair them with pretty much any kind of jean and shoe. But the perfect way to dress them up for Fashion Week (which is like the fashion Superbowl!) is with leather pants and a statement heel. You guys already know how much I love a leather trouser, and they’re basically a match made in heaven with any knit.

I’ve coupled this gorgeous lightweight caramel knit with my favorite maroon leather pants, then added in these super fun leopard heeled mules (how cute are they?!) and this beautiful honey-toned satchel bag for a no-brainer look that I feel chic and comfortable jetting about New York in.

Shop My Look:

Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants

What I’m Wearing: Sweater by Cuyana (similar here), pants by Day Birger Et Mikkelsen (similar here), heels by Senso (similar here), bag by Brahmin.

19 responses to “How To Style Neutral Knits For Fashion Week”

1. #FREEBIEFRIDAYS

6. Alice Hudson says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    @alicemarie07

love this fall look ?

7. Suze says:

#freebiefriday #freebiefridays Instagram racer0909

I love these colours and want the bag!

8. Deborahcon_h says:

You always are such an inspiration #freebiefridays @deborahcon_h

9. icnomanen says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS

10. Ania says:

You look stunning #freebiefriday @aniaaapawlak <3 x

11. Carlotta says:

#freebiefridays @carlottamazzu ! Love you ?

12. Amit Keidar says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    IG Name: amitkeidar

Xx

13. Teresa Jennifer Sugumar says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS

@teresa_jenni

I love your color coordination. ?
    On point!!

Instagram: rome__m

17. Katharina Blattner says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    On Instagram :
    @katblattner

18. Leila alemi says:

#FrontRoeWins adore this look!

19. ana-looka says:

I love this look!!!

• This Saturday is national #GirlsNightIn?? I love a good reason to get my girls together for yummy cocktails and dinner! I'm prepping a late-Summer garden party for my ladies with a peach & orange blossom cocktail, featuring @KetelOneBotanical - which only took a few seconds to make! #KetelBotanicalPartner
  • NYFW was a whirlwind! Today on #FrontRoe I'm highlighting my favorite, super wearable trends I saw on the runways to start wearing NOW, featuring super affordable picks from @ebayfashion - link in bio http://liketk.it/2xnBS #liketkit @liketoknow.it  #ebayfashion #ebaystyle #ad⠀
  • Another sunny afternoon in LA ☀️ My sandals are @amanustudio and you can shop the rest of my look by downloading the @liketoknow.it app and screenshotting this pic!
http://liketk.it/2xoJN #liketkit
  • Excited for the #emmys ! Watch my stories to see my hot date ❤️ as we head inside for a night of entertainment! Thank you @capitalone #savormoments #capitalonepartner
  • Bringing you another edition of #FrontRoeTravelGuides today! This time? The place @mackenziehunkin and I took our 'second honeymoon' 💕 Tulum! Click the link in my bio for tips on where to eat, drink, and relax 🏝
  • Had such a fun time talking all things
fashion and beauty with @Simply at @FashionIsland. It's gonna be a fab Fall season, guys! #StyleWeekOC #SIMPLYFashionIsland #FashionIsland
  • So excited to be a part of @FashionIsland's #StyleWeekOC, speaking on @Simply's fashion panel about upcoming trends, tips and more - tomorrow from 2 to 5pm! #SIMPLYFashionIsland #FashionIsland
  • Mood when you just ate fresh pasta made by Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka 🎉 such a fun evening celebrating the launch of @CapitalOne’s new Savor Card! #savormoments #capitalonepartner
  • Just hanging out in my theatre dressing room… You can tune in to watch the @DiscoverCotton Fashion Delivered Runway Show I hosted during #NYFW at the link in my bio! Watch-and-shop the looks as they come down the runway on Amazon.com/ShopCotton- such a cool shopping experience! #ShopCotton @Amazon
  • Look Mum!! 👀
#pinchme
  • Totally switched these heels for flats right after I took this pic 🙈- but I’m ready for a day of meetings and shows - let’s go #Nyfw!
  • Sploshing about in my waterproof suede (yes suede!!) boots from @Italeau, who have pledged, along with @water, to bring long-term clean drinking water to an individual in the developing world, for every pair of boots sold from their new collection on italeau.com. Shop at the link in my bio, and post a pic of yours playing in water - for everyone posting @italeau will donate a month of clean water! #givewaterchallenge #italeau #sponsored
Louise Roe Trip To The Envoy Hotel In Boston
Front Roe Travels: Our Trip To Boston!

One of my favorite parts about my job is being able to travel all over the world, and while I've...