As someone who is constantly filming or on photoshoots, let’s just say that I’ve tried just about every beauty product out there at this point. While I definitely love and use many of the expensive cult classics, I’ve also stumbled across some great alternatives that are more affordable that I wanted to share with you guys today. When it comes to anything from skincare to makeup, you can actually grab some pretty amazing items from your local drugstore! Read below for some of my favorite drugstore beauty products, and shop my picks.
Shop My Picks:
1. Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser: This stuff is legendary for a reason. It’s still my favorite way to melt off makeup at the end of the day, and is so soothing and moisturizing. It’s almost like a little mini facial in itself!
2. W3ll People Tinted Moisturizer: I just found out about this new natural beauty brand and was excited to snatch this up at Target. I love tinted moisturizer for the quick, minimal coverage during the spring and summer when I’m casual and running about town. I love it, and the fact that it’s made of natural ingredients even more.
3. Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer: This one’s an oldie but a goodie. In my experience, this gradual self tanning lotion is still one of the best products out there for faking a natural looking tan. Use it every day after your shower for flawless glowy summer skin, even in winter!
4. Real Techniques Blender: This is a world famous dupe of a more expensive version, and in my opinion is just as good as the full priced one. It’s perfect for achieving natural, even coverage with foundation or concealer. You can even use it wet to set your makeup with powder (a trick I just learned recently!).
5. NYX Setting Spray: I just tried this out at Coachella this year, as I’ve heard setting spray is a great way to preserve your makeup in the heat. I also love that it comes in both a matte and dewy finish – the dewy is perfect for Spring and Summer, especially on a tropical vacation.
6. Honest Beauty Lip Crayon: This ‘Honey’ shade is the perfect nude-ish shade for summer with a touch of sun-kissed color in it. Plus it’s free of nasty chemicals so it’s a win-win.
7. Demi Natural Wispies by Ardell: I usually always wear falsies when I’m shooting, and over the years these have proven themselves to be the best lashes ever. They add the right amount of thickness while still looking super natural, and are one of my go-to makeup tricks for looking more photogenic.
8. Milani Curved Eyeliner: I borrowed this from a friend for a quick touch up right before the Oscars, and I was convinced that it was some crazy expensive brand. When she told me it was only $6.99 from Target, my mind was blown! It’s literally one of the best liquid eyeliners I’ve ever used, hands down.
9. Maybelline Colosal Mascara: I picked up this bad boy from CVS in a hurry when I ran out of my own mascara on a trip out of town, and was so impressed that I still use it today. It’s thickening and lengthening without being too clumpy, and holds all day. Obsessed!
10. Maybelline Strobing Stick: I’m obsessed with any makeup product that comes in a chubby stick like this – something about the convenience of it I suppose (a solid highlighter like this is great for carrying on flights when you have to watch your liquid). This highlighter has a little shimmer and is buildable, so you can use it lightly for just a touch of illumination. Love it!