As I’m sure many brides can relate, I felt like I spent so long planning for our wedding day, and it was over in the blink of an eye! I enjoyed every second of it though, even some of the most stressful times leading up to the actual day (like when we lost our wedding car and our DJ two days before!). I was walking through London, about to get my pre-wedding facial, when the phone rang. Georgie, one of our wedding planners, calmly told me our vintage car had broken down and the new parts needed to fix it, were in Germany, and not going to make it in time for the weekend. I took a deep breath, and thought – ok – so there are more vintage cars in England. She had already found a bunch of alternatives and was Whatsapping me images as we spoke. We ended up with the coolest MG in bright red, that was so un-bridal, I freaking loved the pop of bright color next to all the fall leaves, brightening up our big day! Sometimes, silver linings really are the best. The point is, when wedding planning, it’s so important to stay present and truly enjoy the experience and not sweat the small stuff.
Many married friends gave me the advice to soak up every memory you can – it will last you a lifetime, and will be here and gone before you know it. That’s why I’m so grateful to have worked with the amazing ladies at Savile Rose. Friends of friends, we were introduced before I even got engaged. But I remember thinking, if I ever get married, I want these guys at the helm. Their taste is spot on, they have a sense of humor at all times, nothing is ever ‘impossible’, and they really cared about every tiny detail. Charlotte, Emma and Georgie made the whole planning process so much fun, and were there to help us leap over any hurdles that arose along the way.
The Savile Rose team consists of three badass and experienced event planners: Emma, Charlotte and Georgina, each with an expertise in a different area of planning. With a combined 35 years of event-planning experience between them, they have created everything from ski chalets in the middle of London (complete with an actual blizzard), to royal weddings. They were kind enough to share with me their 5 top tips on planning the perfect wedding, that every bride at any budget can achieve! Read below on how to make your day go off without a hitch (omg excuse the pun, I didn’t even notice that when I first wrote it!).
How To Plan The Perfect Wedding:
1. Consider Hiring A Wedding Planner: Weddings can be a stressful business with multiple contractors, budget balancing and problem solving to keep in hand. Having a planner gives you that one experienced point of call to pull it all together, taking away the worry leaving you to enjoy the whole journey to your big day.
2. Make It Personal: We have never organized the same wedding twice! Your wedding day is a celebration of yourselves as a couple, so to reflect that have fun in thinking of your favorite cocktails, songs and food or any quirky details your family and friends will recognize and enjoy.
3. Put Yourself in Your Guests’ Shoes (Or Heels): If you think in advance of your guests’ needs throughout the day it will go without a hitch. Consider the flow and how guests can easily move from one part of the day to another, with lots of food, drinks, entertainment, service and comfort along the way.
4. Have a Cozy Dance Floor: This is essential for great atmosphere until the early hours, having a smaller dance floor near to the bar will ensure your guests stay grouped together, whilst a fab DJ and good lighting will keep them dancing!
5. Step back and enjoy: No matter what time your day starts, it will always fly by far too quickly. We advise all our couples to take a step back and have a special moment together during the day. It gives you time to absorb and share the experience together, which becomes one of the most treasured memories you could wish for.