Although Spring is in full swing, you wouldn’t know it by the weather here in LA this week. It’s been chilly and gloomy and I have been wearing my winter sweaters and jackets. Although I’m excited for sunshine and beach days, the weather here can tend to remain pretty cold throughout June – something they call “June Gloom”. Until that’s over, I’m getting my glowing summer skin with makeup! This look gives you that “just got back from vacay” glow, without being too over-the-top or fake looking.
Instead of using darker foundations and bronzing powders that I often love to go for, all the products used here are lighter and more transparent, giving a natural glow. My super talented makeup artist Ali Cristofar gave me the rundown of how to achieve this radiant skin, which is accompanied by matte lips. Read below for tips on getting this look, and shop all the products we used!
1) Start by using an illuminating primer all over the face (we used this one from NARS). This immediately adds glow without drastically changing the color of your skin.
2) Layer on your foundation lightly – we recommend using one that is easily buildable and has shimmer, like this Laura Mercier Candleglow foundation or Skin Tint by Glossier.
3) Highlight the areas on your face that catch light with a cream highlighter first pressed onto the top of cheekbones, nose, brow bones and chin – then follow with a powder highlighter on top.
4) Top off your cheeks with a shimmery blush.
5) Finish off this look with a matte lipstick that is similar to your own lip color to give you a natural, fresh look!