It’s Finally Here – Our Baby’s Nursery!

Readers of my blog will know that I’m obsessed with interior design (even more than fashion lately!), but this particular design project was more special than anything else we’ve done at home so far: our baby girl’s nursery. Maybe I’m just hormonal, but this adorable space turned out so sweet that it brought me to tears when finished.

Mackenzie and I were keen that the space wasn’t too ‘babyish’ – it was important to keep it elegant and in keeping with the rest of the house too. I adore a very English country feel, having grown up there; plus our house here in LA was built in the 1930’s, so it lends itself well to antique furniture and traditional prints.

First up, I went for wallpaper. I think it gives a room such depth. Chintz was top of my list, and is making a major comeback! I found the perfect pattern by my friend Nathan Turner. As soon as I laid eyes on it, I stopped looking at anything else.

Knowing we were having a daughter, I opted for a feminine color palette. Instead of traditional pinks, I took the green and peach from the wallpaper and ran with it. I found a storage basket from Serena & Lily, woven with a hint of seafoam, which is a great way to hide diapers!

I worked with Jessica McCarthy from the design firm Decorist, who whipped up a mood board from my notes, and began suggesting retailers and products for the space. Decorist does all correspondence between designer and client online, and is a really cost-effective way to work with a designer. Jessica’s advice has been super helpful in putting the space together – as a nursery isn’t just about aesthetics but a very practical array of items, and where they need to be placed, which is all new to us!

Jessica suggested layering a vintage rug over a sisal one, and she sourced the neutral rug from Bed Bath & Beyond, and I found the vintage one all the way in Turkey on Etsy! I love bringing unexpected things together and seeing how they work. The antique chest and side table from Viyet really brought the whole space to life – complemented by the 1920’s encyclopedia prints, which were another unexpected twist! I love how they look very chic and grown up, but are actually educational for children too. To pick up on the warmth of the gold frames, Jessica found a mirror and standing lamp, also from Bed Bath and Beyond.

One day when my Mum was visiting from England, we stumbled into Pottery Barn Kids, and fell in love with a crib, chair, and bedding. I couldn’t resist the lamb mobile, which Mackenzie has just finished hanging! The chair rocks and reclines, perfect for nursing in the middle of the night, and we got to choose an exact, custom fabric that would match the curtains, which we got from Loom. The ‘cot’ – as we call them in England, also turns into a toddler bed in a few years, which is handy. To keep everything neutral (I didn’t want anything bright), I chose simple, white quilted bed linen, which looks gorgeous. Plus, how cute is this little onesie? It looks adorable hanging on these silk mini hangers.

Lastly, I’m a bookworm, and grew up with traditional children’s literature like Peter Rabbit. So I couldn’t resist buying the full Beatrix Potter collection, to store on a marble shelf. Hopefully the ‘nursing corner’ will one day become our little girl’s ‘reading corner’ instead! Shop all the pieces below!

Shop Our Nursery:

Louise Roe Baby Girl Nursery Reveal

14 responses to “It’s Finally Here – Our Baby’s Nursery!”

1. I love how neutral, but feminine it is. I wish you an amazing parenting, filled with joy and love!

Your nursery is looking fabulous and I love that it’s so you!!

3. Cheryl says:

Very peaceful and lovely. I adore the Beatrix Potter books. My girls would carry them with them in their purses.

4. Ella says:

Louise it is just BEAUTIFUL! Most nurseries tend to be a cute explosion of pink or light blue, but this is way more charming in my opinion ☺️

5. smoothielover07 says:

Love, love, LOVE Honor’s nursery! Everything’s so adorable, of course! That little onesie hanging on her dresser and those booties on the Rifle Paper Co. edition of Little Women…babies will always and forever have the cutest things. 😀

6. Lindsay says:

Love this 💕💞💕Such a classic theme you’ve got going on there. Pretty wallpaper, lovely fabrics & Beatrix Potter books 👌🏻

7. Malia says:

Love it, especially the (future) book corner!!

8. Jae says:

Love the feminine color palette you got going on in the nursery. Your baby girl is so lucky to have such a beautiful nursery! Good luck on the remaining of your pregnancy!

9. Lichelle Nielsen says:

Such a beautiful and inspiring nursery forbyde cutest baby girl! Just s little tip regarding the mobile pattern over the crib: Babies gets more stimulated by moving colors, therefore colorful mobile pattern are the best way to stimumate your baby and help them focus their ability of sight. But again, really cute nursery items you’ve decorated the room with 🙂 best of luck and joy to you and your family!

10. Marianna says:

Beautiful nursery, Louise! I’m decorating my baby girl’s nursery, so thank you for the tips and inspiration!

11. Michelle says:

It looks gorgeous

12. kathy moschi says:

Yours nursery is so beautiful and styled…I did not expect anything less than you,I wish you to spend unforgettable moments of happiness in this room…..xoxo

13. Eva Fakari says:

Wish you all the best!,,,

Love from Greece!

14. Jana says:

TOPNOTCH!!
    Always been in love with your taste, and now more.
    Lucky Honor little girl, God bless her.
    Xoxox
    Best Regards,
    Jana

• This was beyond emotional. My first time leaving Honor😭. But for the most incredible whirlwind trip to 🇮🇹! Watch the new vlog at the link in my bio and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel 🙏🏻♥️
  • It's almost my first Mother's Day, and since we've been so lucky to receive so many adorable and thoughtful gifts for Honor, I thought I'd do a roundup of my favorite baby items on #FrontRoe today! You're sure to find some gifts for the new mums or mamas-to-be in your life - link in bio http://liketk.it/2vrGr #LTKfamily @liketoknow.it
  • My Insta-glam guide to LA, on #FrontRoe today! Click the link in my bio to see my favorite destinations to eat, pamper yourself, or just post a cute pic http://liketk.it/2voLZ #LTKstyletip @liketoknow.it
  • When you're on 4 hours of sleep, but your eye cream comes to the rescue! 👶 I just started using this @drunkelephant C-Tango Eye Cream and I'm already seeing results. It has vitamin C for brightening my under eyes (perfect after sleepless nights), and nourishing peptides to help firm skin and get me looking refreshed. You know I love eye creams and this one is quickly becoming one of the holy-grail products in my arsenal - I use it morning and night after cleansing and before moisturizer. Available at @sephora http://liketk.it/2voKq #LTKbeauty @liketoknow.it #sephoraskincare #ad
  • Date night 🍾 with @mackenziehunkin (& @mr.rutherford ♥️)
  • Which statement Spring item will completely upgrade your t-shirt and jeans? Hello kimono! Shop my look by downloading the @Liketoknowit app and screenshotting this pic (And see more photos of this look by clicking the link in my bio) http://liketk.it/2vmLv #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • TopGun overalls: the only way to go on Sunday morning ✈️ Shop my look http://liketk.it/2vmM2 #LTKstyletip @liketoknow.it
  • Beach day with my @mackenziehunkin 🏄‍♀️
  • I will never stop kissing you, even when you’re 16 and totally embarrassed by it. #welcomehome #kissmonster
  • The 5 most important things I've learned since giving birth, today on #FrontRoe. Click the link in my bio to read and tell me if you agree, or if you’ve got other stories! I'd love to hear from you other mums about what you've learned... http://liketk.it/2vl0v #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Italy, you’re awesome! So much more to explore, I need to return! Thank you all for your tips for Verona. Now it’s time to get back to my baby girl, I’ve missed her more than words can say
Ps. Get this look http://liketk.it/2vkFs #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • What an incredible whirlwind trip to Verona with @calzedonia - and watch the sexiest runway show I’ve ever seen, on my stories! #CalzedoniaSummerShow #sealfie #ad
What Was In My Hospital Bag

As you guys may know, we recently welcomed our daughter Honor into the world last week! What to pack in...