It’s Finally Here – Our Baby’s Nursery!

Readers of my blog will know that I’m obsessed with interior design (even more than fashion lately!), but this particular design project was more special than anything else we’ve done at home so far: our baby girl’s nursery. Maybe I’m just hormonal, but this adorable space turned out so sweet that it brought me to tears when finished.

Mackenzie and I were keen that the space wasn’t too ‘babyish’ – it was important to keep it elegant and in keeping with the rest of the house too. I adore a very English country feel, having grown up there; plus our house here in LA was built in the 1930’s, so it lends itself well to antique furniture and traditional prints.

First up, I went for wallpaper. I think it gives a room such depth. Chintz was top of my list, and is making a major comeback! I found the perfect pattern by my friend Nathan Turner. As soon as I laid eyes on it, I stopped looking at anything else.

Knowing we were having a daughter, I opted for a feminine color palette. Instead of traditional pinks, I took the green and peach from the wallpaper and ran with it. I found a storage basket from Serena & Lily, woven with a hint of seafoam, which is a great way to hide diapers!

I worked with Jessica McCarthy from the design firm Decorist, who whipped up a mood board from my notes, and began suggesting retailers and products for the space. Decorist does all correspondence between designer and client online, and is a really cost-effective way to work with a designer. Jessica’s advice has been super helpful in putting the space together – as a nursery isn’t just about aesthetics but a very practical array of items, and where they need to be placed, which is all new to us!

Jessica suggested layering a vintage rug over a sisal one, and she sourced the neutral rug from Bed Bath & Beyond, and I found the vintage one all the way in Turkey on Etsy! I love bringing unexpected things together and seeing how they work. The antique chest and side table from Viyet really brought the whole space to life – complemented by the 1920’s encyclopedia prints, which were another unexpected twist! I love how they look very chic and grown up, but are actually educational for children too. To pick up on the warmth of the gold frames, Jessica found a mirror and standing lamp, also from Bed Bath and Beyond.

One day when my Mum was visiting from England, we stumbled into Pottery Barn Kids, and fell in love with a crib, chair, and bedding. I couldn’t resist the lamb mobile, which Mackenzie has just finished hanging! The chair rocks and reclines, perfect for nursing in the middle of the night, and we got to choose an exact, custom fabric that would match the curtains, which we got from Loom. The ‘cot’ – as we call them in England, also turns into a toddler bed in a few years, which is handy. To keep everything neutral (I didn’t want anything bright), I chose simple, white quilted bed linen, which looks gorgeous. Plus, how cute is this little onesie? It looks adorable hanging on these silk mini hangers.

Lastly, I’m a bookworm, and grew up with traditional children’s literature like Peter Rabbit. So I couldn’t resist buying the full Beatrix Potter collection, to store on a marble shelf. Hopefully the ‘nursing corner’ will one day become our little girl’s ‘reading corner’ instead! Shop all the pieces below!

Shop Our Nursery:

Louise Roe Baby Girl Nursery Reveal

14 responses to “It’s Finally Here – Our Baby’s Nursery!”

1. I love how neutral, but feminine it is. I wish you an amazing parenting, filled with joy and love!

Your nursery is looking fabulous and I love that it’s so you!!

3. Cheryl says:

Very peaceful and lovely. I adore the Beatrix Potter books. My girls would carry them with them in their purses.

4. Ella says:

Louise it is just BEAUTIFUL! Most nurseries tend to be a cute explosion of pink or light blue, but this is way more charming in my opinion ☺️

5. smoothielover07 says:

Love, love, LOVE Honor’s nursery! Everything’s so adorable, of course! That little onesie hanging on her dresser and those booties on the Rifle Paper Co. edition of Little Women…babies will always and forever have the cutest things. 😀

6. Lindsay says:

Love this 💕💞💕Such a classic theme you’ve got going on there. Pretty wallpaper, lovely fabrics & Beatrix Potter books 👌🏻

7. Malia says:

Love it, especially the (future) book corner!!

8. Jae says:

Love the feminine color palette you got going on in the nursery. Your baby girl is so lucky to have such a beautiful nursery! Good luck on the remaining of your pregnancy!

9. Lichelle Nielsen says:

Such a beautiful and inspiring nursery forbyde cutest baby girl! Just s little tip regarding the mobile pattern over the crib: Babies gets more stimulated by moving colors, therefore colorful mobile pattern are the best way to stimumate your baby and help them focus their ability of sight. But again, really cute nursery items you’ve decorated the room with 🙂 best of luck and joy to you and your family!

10. Marianna says:

Beautiful nursery, Louise! I’m decorating my baby girl’s nursery, so thank you for the tips and inspiration!

11. Michelle says:

It looks gorgeous

12. kathy moschi says:

Yours nursery is so beautiful and styled…I did not expect anything less than you,I wish you to spend unforgettable moments of happiness in this room…..xoxo

13. Eva Fakari says:

Wish you all the best!,,,

Love from Greece!

14. Jana says:

TOPNOTCH!!
    Always been in love with your taste, and now more.
    Lucky Honor little girl, God bless her.
    Xoxox
    Best Regards,
    Jana

• Does anyone else suck at blowdrying their hair? I've never been good at it, so air drying has been my best friend for ages. But it's not as easy as it sounds - today on #FrontRoe I'm sharing my hacks for getting the perfect airdried locks, WITHOUT the frizz. Do you guys have any tricks for this? Make sure to tell me in the comments! #airdry #haircare #hairproducts
  • Remember when Mummy Roe came to town and we made the yummiest (& healthiest) dessert of all time? The recipe for our spiced pear cobbler is on #FrontRoe now, link in bio.
  • Long weekend vibes 🕶
Shop my outfit by downloading the @liketoknow.it app and then ‘liking’ this pic! http://liketk.it/2uxvk #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • So many of you asked where Honor’s carrier is from in the video I posted yesterday, so here’s a lot more info about it! It's a wrap by @newbielove.carriers and she loves riding in it.
Click the link in my bio to see how these wraps can actually help your newborn's development! #newbielove #babycarrier #newborn #OrganicCotton #FairTrade #eco #wearallthebabies #hugabub #babywearing #baby #childhoodunplugged
  • My new favorite way to start the weekend ☀️ ♥️
Never felt more grateful or happy
  • Do you guys get stressed? How do you deal with it... tears? Wine? Shopping?! Stress is something we ALL deal with, so why does it make us feel so alone? I want to talk about it.
Today on the blog I’m sharing my tips on how to overcome this crappy feeling in your daily life – tell me in the comments your own hacks for dealing with stress! Link in bio
  • Ok guys, as a new mum I'm hardly an expert yet but I DO have some opinions on
what you need for your baby's changing table. Click the link in my bio to see my must-
haves that I've curated with @pampersus
  • Need some V-day outfit inspo? Shop my date outfit ideas at the link in my bio - they're ALL under $100! From a night out, to a day date - you're covered ❤️
  • Mum and Dad 💕 @mackenziehunkin tried the new premium Captain scent from @OldSpice Red Collection and now he smells so good, I just can't help but snuggle up to him! Any ideas for how new parents of a 4-week-old can celebrate Valentine's Day? #ouioldspice
  • Throwback to last summer in NYC! While I'm not all that sad about missing out on this year's freezing #NYFW, if you're in the big apple you have to check out my secret shopping spots that I shared with @whowhatwear.uk! Link in bio
  • Chic all-black design, plus rich double-stitch tan leatherette accents? I'm actually NOT talking about a handbag or shoes - but our stroller! LOL. Click the link in my bio to see which @myjoolz pram we chose for Honor and why #myjoolz #joolztailor
  • Chilling in the garden... not mad about missing the blizzards at NY fashion week! What are you all up to today?
http://liketk.it/2uxw0 #liketkit @liketoknow.it
What Was In My Hospital Bag

As you guys may know, we recently welcomed our daughter Honor into the world last week! What to pack in...