If you’d rather do something a little bit more special for your mum on Mother’s Day than just give her a card and flowers or a gift, here are some fun activities you can do together. A good rule of thumb is to treat her to something she wouldn’t normally do for herself.
1. High tea: Go out for a traditional afternoon tea at a local tea house to enjoy tea, delicious treats and pastries. I think it’s such a lovely way to relax and enjoy each other’s company.
2. Pottery or Art Class: I did it with both my mum and Honor and ah, what fun it was! You’ll both learn something new and you’ll let your creative juices flow as you make a unique gift for her, handmade with love – the best kind if you ask me.
3. Theatre Tickets: Treat your mum to a night at the theatre. Get tickets to a show that you know she’ll love and make a special night out of it. You can grab dinner before the show, or find a nearby bar for drinks afterwards.
4. Spa Day: Some much-needed pampering is always a good choice! Let your mum relax and unwind with a massage, facial, or manicure.
5. Dinner out or a special tasting: It could be a unique tasting menu or a restaurant that offers something truly special – this one’s a must-do if she’s a foodie.
6. Visit a Museum: One of my favourite mother-daughter activities ever. It can be so inspiring and fun if your mum loves culture and history. Find a museum with an exhibition you’re both interested in or be extra adventurous and try something new.