Easy And Healthy Pear Cobbler By Mummy Roe

This past summer my Mum and I made a super yummy, healthy peach cobbler on Insta stories, and so many of you said that I should post the recipe, so here is a more seasonal version! I thought we would change things up a bit to make it more apt for Winter (plus I couldn’t find peaches at the farmer’s market), so when Mummy Roe visited again recently for Honor’s arrival, we made a spiced pear cobbler instead that was a bit more appropriate for nights in by the fire. It’s so delicious, beyond easy, and can be made super fast. The perfect quick dessert for a new mum, or just a busy host. I served mine on this amazing Marco Lorenzetto bowl for an extra gorgeous treat. Read on for the recipe, and don’t forget to tag me in your posts if you make it at home!

Ingredients
-4 medium pears, large and thinly slice
-1/3 cup dark brown organic sugar
-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon ground salt
-1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-3 tablespoons cold coconut oil
-5 cloves
-A few drops of vanilla essence
Purely Elizabeth pumpkin flavored granola

Instructions
1. Place pears in a large baking dish coated with a little coconut oil
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, half the coconut oil and vanilla essence
3. Melt the rest of the coconut oil in a pan, and then mix it in with the granola, before placing this mixture on top of the pears
4. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
5. Serve warm, with ice cream, and enjoy!

Louise Roe Healthy Pear Cobbler Recipe
Louise Roe Healthy Pear Cobbler Recipe
Louise Roe Healthy Pear Cobbler Recipe
Louise Roe Healthy Pear Cobbler Recipe
Louise Roe Healthy Pear Cobbler Recipe
Louise Roe Healthy Pear Cobbler Recipe
Louise Roe Healthy Pear Cobbler Recipe
Louise Roe Healthy Pear Cobbler Recipe

6 responses to “Easy And Healthy Pear Cobbler By Mummy Roe”

1. Gemma says:

Thanks for sharing this. It looks and sounds so delicious!

Gemma x

Omg this sounds so comforting!!

3. Jae says:

I love peach cobbler! Must try your recipe sometime soon!
    Jae

4. Libet says:

You two are soo cute. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Can u email it to me pls

5. Margie says:

You and your mummy are just delightful!! ❤️

6. Sumbul Amir says:

Besties for live.
    I always my mum’s recipes. She is the best and her recipes are amazing.

• We just booked our first ever Summer family vacay! I'm so excited I'm packing already. Today on #FrontRoe I'm sharing my top holiday essentials - not just because they're chic, but because they're multi-tasking, comfy, and easy (my new priorities in life - LOL!) Link in bio http://liketk.it/2vN5C #liketkit @liketoknow.it ⠀
  • Suited and sandaled...
@tibi @amanustudio
  • Does anyone else own a scrapbook?! 📚🤣If you don't necessarily consider yourself to be an 'artistic' person but still enjoy getting creative, you've got to try scrapbooking! I've been doing it ever since I was young (and even kept a wedding inspo moodboard secret from Mackenzie for a few years before we got engaged, lol) - and it's such a fun, easy way to express yourself. See how to make your own at the link in my bio
  • Sunday stroll with the fam 👶 👫
  • All this wedding fever is making me emotional! So I thought I’d share our wedding video. 2 years ago, @mackenziehunkin & I were married right next to Windsor... see if you can spot the castle!
Congratulations to the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex 👑💕
  • A simple, 3-step, twice daily skincare routine that can help me combat signs of premature aging in just 4 weeks? Yes please! As a busy, tired new mum my skin needs all the help it can get right now. Click the link in my bio to see how @marykayUS's new TimeWise® Miracle Set 3D™is transforming my skin, and read which key beauty ingredients you need to look for now #TimeWise3D #ad
  • Tonight... @dgbeauty turned an LA rooftop into romantic Italy! What a stunning setting to launch their new perfume - watch it all on my stories #dgitalianzest #partner 📷 @stefaniekeenan
  • The #RoyalWedding is just days away! Is anyone else as excited as me to see Meghan's dress?! I can’t believe they’re getting married in the same town we did! Check out my Stories on Saturday morning for a running commentary with my girls! I'm celebrating with a very English Royal Wedding viewing party, complete with finger sandwiches, tea in chintz china cups, and @sprinklescupcakes inspired by Meghan and Harry's own wedding cake. Click the link in my bio to see the full spread, and to make it for yourself this weekend!
  • Hawaii! This day last year! Pregnant but I didn’t know it... thank goodness I didn’t feel so well - and stopped drinking the vacay cocktails 🍹🧘‍♀️
  • Feel a style slump coming on? When I’m feeling a bit blah, I look to my favorite publications and social media accounts to get my creative juices flowing. Today on #FrontRoe I'm sharing my top places for gathering inspiration, to help get you out of a fashion or creative rut! Link in bio http://liketk.it/2vKoe #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Happy Mother’s Day!
I want to dedicate this post to one of my dearest friends, who became a Mummy to premature surrogate twins this year, only to tragically lose them a few hours later, as she held them in her arms. My friend had been through years of trying for a baby through IVF, and finally - after years of hope and patience - we all felt her and her husband’s dream of becoming parents was about to come true.
That heart-breaking day also happened to be the date Honor was born, so the poignancy was all the sharper. I still remember the moment I learned the news. My own mum was with me, and we wept silently, hugging.
I fully expected my friend to avoid Mackenzie and I for a while, to deal with her grief. Surely being around a newborn would just be too much. But testament to her angelic, brave character, she asked to come over. I’ll never forget the warmth and love in her eyes as she held Honor tight. She said she was full of hope. She said that the twins would be watching over, helping and guiding them on their continued journey to have a baby.
You’d think that would be enough to focus on, but no. Instead, this wonderful couple decided to set up @pompomsandstardust , a charity not only raising money to help other people have surrogate children, but one that offers crucial (and lacking) advice and support to the ‘IP’s’ (intended parents), along their journey.
If you or your loved ones have been through a difficult time conceiving, my heart goes out to you- I wish you strength, perseverance- and please feel free to share your story below.
The charity website will be up soon with more information, but for now follow @pompomsandstardust 💫
  • I don’t usually post throwbacks, but 1. my face ain’t cute right now after waaaay too little sleep! And 2. I just found this pic from the moment we arrived on honeymoon. I stepped out onto our balcony in Positano and took a deep breath and wow - what a view! Take me back to Italy!
Louise Roe wearing Newbie Love baby wrap carrier
Why You Need A Baby Carrier Wrap

The last few weeks have been quite the adventure with our new little lady at home. Mackenzie and I finally...