This past summer my Mum and I made a super yummy, healthy peach cobbler on Insta stories, and so many of you said that I should post the recipe, so here is a more seasonal version! I thought we would change things up a bit to make it more apt for Winter (plus I couldn’t find peaches at the farmer’s market), so when Mummy Roe visited again recently for Honor’s arrival, we made a spiced pear cobbler instead that was a bit more appropriate for nights in by the fire. It’s so delicious, beyond easy, and can be made super fast. The perfect quick dessert for a new mum, or just a busy host. I served mine on this amazing Marco Lorenzetto bowl for an extra gorgeous treat. Read on for the recipe, and don’t forget to tag me in your posts if you make it at home!
-4 medium pears, large and thinly slice
-1/3 cup dark brown organic sugar
-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon ground salt
-1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-3 tablespoons cold coconut oil
-A few drops of vanilla essence
–Purely Elizabeth pumpkin flavored granola
1. Place pears in a large baking dish coated with a little coconut oil
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, half the coconut oil and vanilla essence
3. Melt the rest of the coconut oil in a pan, and then mix it in with the granola, before placing this mixture on top of the pears
4. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
5. Serve warm, with ice cream, and enjoy!