After much anticipation, they’ve finally released the Pantone color of the year, Ultra Violet. For those of you who may be unfamiliar, Pantone is a company dedicated to the intricate science of color. They offer color matching services in industries such as fashion, interiors, and graphic design. Not to mention, their Instagram is one of my favorite places for some creative and aesthetically pleasing color inspo.
Ultra Violet is bold, rich, and according to the psychology of color, promotes wisdom, creativity, and magic. Just what the world could use a little of right now! This deep purple makes me think of the fields of lavender that Mackenzie and I visited last summer in Provence. It also makes me reminisce about Cadbury’s chocolate foil wrapper, and eating the delicious treat by the fire at Christmas time back in England when I was a child. Purple is often associated with royalty and luxury, perfect as I binge my way through The Crown, and pretend I live in a palace. So I guess you could say it’s a very wistful, trans-seasonal tone…right? Either way, I’m welcoming the color into my closet and our home. Here are my favorite ways to incorporate Ultra Violet into your life:
1. Go the whole hog and paint a room, a wall, or a piece of furniture. It will lift your mood instantly. Pair it with cobalt accessories, and warm, deep neutrals like caramel and dark brown wood.
2. Eat this!
3. Throw a very English, purple, tea party.
4. Add some sumptuous velvet to your living room.
5. Ok, this one’s very relevant to me right now, but my little girl has got to have this top.
6.The smallest commitment, your nails.
7. If you haven’t already, this is a must read.
8. I can’t live without my planner.
9. I can’t live without these boots either.
10. Do these even need a caption!?
11. One for the hubby to add to my wishlist!
12. I’m finally feeling brave enough to wear purple matte lips, and loving them!