Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!

Ready to find out the gender of our baby?? I’m so excited to announce that Mackenzie and I are having a little GIRL, and we can’t wait to meet her! It’s been so much fun reading all of your comments, and all of the guesses based on the size and shape of my bump. Funnily enough, so many of you thought I was having a boy! I guess it just goes to show you that each pregnant woman carries differently, and that those old wives tales about bump shape aren’t always accurate.

While we don’t have any names 100% chosen yet, we do have a few that we really love (which we won’t be revealing until she’s born – sorry!). Since nothing is set in stone yet, make sure to comment all your name suggestions – we’ll definitely be reading each one. We are just so over the moon that we’re having a girl – though we would have of course been thrilled either way. Mackenzie was convinced we were having a boy, and it’s very sweet: he’s already so protective, and worrying about her having boyfriends in the future. I told him we’ve got a while before we need to face all that! I just can’t wait to see him with her – they do say you fall in love with your partner in a whole new way once you see them as a parent.

We’ve begun working on her nursery, which you guys will see soon, and we had a fun little gender reveal for some of our friends recently. I wanted to show you guys the cute setup we did, to give some party inspiration.

We wanted to decorations to be relatively gender neutral, as we didn’t want to give the surprise away upfront. Yellow and green flowers are a great addition for the table, and even certain shades of blue (like on this cute garland) can be gender neutral. I always love gold accents, so I laid a chic gold foil garland on the table and set out gold straws. The surprise came when Mackenzie popped these hilarious poppers (available here on Etsy), and pink glitter exploded everywhere! There are so many fun gender reveal accessories on Etsy, that it would be easy to get carried away – LOL. For treats, I chose these deliciously simple gluten-free vanilla cupcakes, which were also neutral and didn’t take away from the other decorations.

What do you guys think? Did any of you guess the gender correctly? Tell me in the comments below, and don’t forget to send your name suggestions!

Shop The Post

Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations

23 responses to “Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!”

Congratulations on your baby girl!!!!! This must be so exciting for you both!Thank you for sharing with us too!!

2. James Pearn says:

Congratulations. I have two girls. They are the loves of my life.

3. Lara Jones says:

Congrats Louise!!!!

4. Claudia says:

How exciting! Long shot that you’ll read this, but my husband and I are also expecting our first baby girl in January ๐Ÿ™‚
    It sounds like we may actually be within a few weeks from each other. Anyway, it’s been super fun watching your bump grow and reading your pregnancy posts. Huge congrats to you and the hubby!!

5. Cristina says:

OMG I couldn’t be more happy for you. Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ

6. Safa tr says:

Congratulations Louise ๐Ÿ’– sure she s gonna be pretty like her mummy ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’—

7. Louise says:

Congratulations to you and your husband as well! xx

8. Sophia says:

Congratualtions to both of you โ˜บ๏ธ When I first saw you on “plane Jane” i thought “what a beautiful Woman” and now you gonna have a beautiful daughter ๐Ÿ˜
    I think the Marlene is a

9. Sophia says:

… a cute and classic name for both girls and women. But maybe it sounds better to germans (in german ๐Ÿ˜„) than in englisch

10. Cheryl says:

Super fun!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

11. Isabel says:

Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท

12. Katja says:

Congratulations on your baby girl! <3 Much love!

13. thefolia says:

I tell everyone I know who is pregnant about “Back Labor No More” by Janie McCoy King ( I even gave a copy to Emily Henderson). I read and tried the lift with 2 of the 3 of my pregnancies ( I was not going to redo my first experience!) The author dedicated an entire book to this lift and was soooo happy with the results. The baby has to be in the correct position for it to work (do some crawling before the big day to make certain) and be certain to be in the place where you would like to have the baby, because after this lift you will be holding your darling within ten minutes. Happy gestation to you!

14. Steph says:

Congratulations to you both! Very exciting! My niece’s name is Maya (pronounced May-ah) and she’s the most adorable, hilarious, well mannered little four year old ever! We call her May May and she loves it! X

15. Francesca says:

I wish you happiness and a lot of fun. You deserve them. Big hug… For the baby name I suggest…. FRANCESCA๐Ÿ˜Š

16. Alice says:

Congratulations!!! You’ re both so nice and beautiful and I’m sure you’ re going to be a wonderful family.. ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘ง
    Wish you the best from Italy! ๐Ÿ˜˜

I suggest Claire โ™ก

17. Me says:

I have two little lidies their names are Sofรญa and Pastora I like this two because of their meaning the First is knowledge and the second one is the one who leads, and also have religious symbology

18. Marcel says:

Congratulations Louise and to your husband. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    She Will be a pretty woman like you Louise ๐Ÿ˜

19. Mรณnica says:

Congrats!!
    I was right ๐Ÿ˜
    I ll leave you here some names
    – Isabel // Elisabeth
    – Kate
    – Alexandra
    -Lucy
    -Gabriela

20. Laura says:

Hello Louise! It is the first time I am comment on your blog (even though I’ve been following you since Plain Jane days). I do comment you a lot on Instagram but this post deserves my comment here!!

Yes!!! I knew it was a girl!! I am so happy for you guys!!! As a name suggestion…I can reveal how I want to name mine, which is Sienna! Also I love the names of Olivia and Emma.

I can’t wait to know her name!

Congrats!! ๐Ÿ™‚

21. Cecilia says:

Congratulations! I suggest Charlotte (ร  la franรงaise), Eloise, Elizabeth, Katherine, Victoria, Cecilia, Annalisa (italian).

22. Christina says:

Congratulations!!! How exciting! My name suggestion = Scarlett. ๐Ÿ™‚

• What's the ONE item in your closet you'll wear forever? For me, it's the timeless TRENCH, but I'm curious to hear yours! Shop my favorite trench coats for 2018: http://liketk.it/2wWqi#liketkit @liketoknow.it
PS. Can we talk about this chic bag by my friend @indiahicksstyle? Tap the tag to check out her other items ๐Ÿ’ผ โ™ฅ๏ธ
  • Did you see my watermelon margaritas on IGTV? Yummiest cocktail Iโ€™ve ever made! ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿธ
  • #ad Today on #FrontRoe Iโ€™m sharing thoughts about going back to work after having a baby. All families are different, but returning to work is often hard, especially for breastfeeding mums. Click the link in my bio to read about how Iโ€™m making the transition easier for Honor and myself, by supplementing with @Enfamil NeuroPro formula. #BrainFirst
  • Getting some relief from this crazy LA heatwave with @TrueBotanicals Renew Nutrient Mist. I love a multitasking product when it's too hot to bother with several skincare steps. This mist is not only hydrating, anti-aging, and detoxifying, but it sets my makeup too. And I'm hooking you up! Try it at the link in my bio, and get 15% off sitewide with my discount code Louise15 #ad
  • Off to @atlantaapparel to style a show and give a talk on Resort trends! And ps. the peeps in Atlanta are SO friendly, what a welcome โ™ฅ๏ธ #atlapparel
  • Did somebody say Happy Hour in HOT-Lanta?!! Whereโ€™s Nene Leakes when you need her... #spicymarg #Atlanta
  • Heading to ATLANTA!! So excited... please leave your recommendations below! What should I eat Iโ€™ve heard the food is ๐Ÿ‘Œ Excited to be working with @atlantaapparel! Stay tuned on my stories to watch BTS of their huge event, looks Iโ€™ll be styling from the lines on show, in the market place! #atlapparel
  • One of the most common questions I've received from my fellow mummy followers? How to get your confidence back after having a baby. This is an issue we all struggle with, whether it be how we feel about our bodies, balancing work, or even our relationships. So today I'm talking about some of the things I did to help get my self esteem back after having Honor - I hope any new mums out there find them helpful! Link in bio http://liketk.it/2wRbU #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • She just asked for a pina colada
๐Ÿน ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•ถ ๐Ÿ’ฆ
  • Heat ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป
โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ
  • Itโ€™s FriYAY
Shop this look head to toe by swiping up on my stories (& download the @liketoknow.it app) http://liketk.it/2wP12 #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • 6 weeks of pure bliss seeing family and friends in England... after 10 years living abroad it doesnโ€™t get any easier saying goodbye, there are always tears ๐Ÿ˜ข
Do any of you guys live far from home? Where? ๐ŸŒŽ
Louise Roe Bronze Smokey Eye Beauty Tutorial
New Beauty Tutorial: Sexy Bronze Eyes and Golden, Glowy Skin

It's officially Fall here in LA this week and I'm actually loving the colder weather and grey mornings. I'm snuggled...