Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!

Ready to find out the gender of our baby?? I’m so excited to announce that Mackenzie and I are having a little GIRL, and we can’t wait to meet her! It’s been so much fun reading all of your comments, and all of the guesses based on the size and shape of my bump. Funnily enough, so many of you thought I was having a boy! I guess it just goes to show you that each pregnant woman carries differently, and that those old wives tales about bump shape aren’t always accurate.

While we don’t have any names 100% chosen yet, we do have a few that we really love (which we won’t be revealing until she’s born – sorry!). Since nothing is set in stone yet, make sure to comment all your name suggestions – we’ll definitely be reading each one. We are just so over the moon that we’re having a girl – though we would have of course been thrilled either way. Mackenzie was convinced we were having a boy, and it’s very sweet: he’s already so protective, and worrying about her having boyfriends in the future. I told him we’ve got a while before we need to face all that! I just can’t wait to see him with her – they do say you fall in love with your partner in a whole new way once you see them as a parent.

We’ve begun working on her nursery, which you guys will see soon, and we had a fun little gender reveal for some of our friends recently. I wanted to show you guys the cute setup we did, to give some party inspiration.

We wanted to decorations to be relatively gender neutral, as we didn’t want to give the surprise away upfront. Yellow and green flowers are a great addition for the table, and even certain shades of blue (like on this cute garland) can be gender neutral. I always love gold accents, so I laid a chic gold foil garland on the table and set out gold straws. The surprise came when Mackenzie popped these hilarious poppers (available here on Etsy), and pink glitter exploded everywhere! There are so many fun gender reveal accessories on Etsy, that it would be easy to get carried away – LOL. For treats, I chose these deliciously simple gluten-free vanilla cupcakes, which were also neutral and didn’t take away from the other decorations.

What do you guys think? Did any of you guess the gender correctly? Tell me in the comments below, and don’t forget to send your name suggestions!

Shop The Post

Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations

23 responses to “Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!”

Congratulations on your baby girl!!!!! This must be so exciting for you both!Thank you for sharing with us too!!

2. James Pearn says:

Congratulations. I have two girls. They are the loves of my life.

3. Lara Jones says:

Congrats Louise!!!!

4. Claudia says:

How exciting! Long shot that you’ll read this, but my husband and I are also expecting our first baby girl in January 🙂
    It sounds like we may actually be within a few weeks from each other. Anyway, it’s been super fun watching your bump grow and reading your pregnancy posts. Huge congrats to you and the hubby!!

5. Cristina says:

OMG I couldn’t be more happy for you. Congratulations 🎉🎊

6. Safa tr says:

Congratulations Louise 💖 sure she s gonna be pretty like her mummy 😍💗

7. Louise says:

Congratulations to you and your husband as well! xx

8. Sophia says:

Congratualtions to both of you ☺️ When I first saw you on “plane Jane” i thought “what a beautiful Woman” and now you gonna have a beautiful daughter 😍
    I think the Marlene is a

9. Sophia says:

… a cute and classic name for both girls and women. But maybe it sounds better to germans (in german 😄) than in englisch

10. Cheryl says:

Super fun!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

11. Isabel says:

Congratulations 🎉🎊🍾🎈🌷🌷

12. Katja says:

Congratulations on your baby girl! <3 Much love!

13. thefolia says:

I tell everyone I know who is pregnant about “Back Labor No More” by Janie McCoy King ( I even gave a copy to Emily Henderson). I read and tried the lift with 2 of the 3 of my pregnancies ( I was not going to redo my first experience!) The author dedicated an entire book to this lift and was soooo happy with the results. The baby has to be in the correct position for it to work (do some crawling before the big day to make certain) and be certain to be in the place where you would like to have the baby, because after this lift you will be holding your darling within ten minutes. Happy gestation to you!

14. Steph says:

Congratulations to you both! Very exciting! My niece’s name is Maya (pronounced May-ah) and she’s the most adorable, hilarious, well mannered little four year old ever! We call her May May and she loves it! X

15. Francesca says:

I wish you happiness and a lot of fun. You deserve them. Big hug… For the baby name I suggest…. FRANCESCA😊

16. Alice says:

Congratulations!!! You’ re both so nice and beautiful and I’m sure you’ re going to be a wonderful family.. 👨‍👩‍👧
    Wish you the best from Italy! 😘

I suggest Claire ♡

17. Me says:

I have two little lidies their names are Sofía and Pastora I like this two because of their meaning the First is knowledge and the second one is the one who leads, and also have religious symbology

18. Marcel says:

Congratulations Louise and to your husband. 😊
    She Will be a pretty woman like you Louise 😁

19. Mónica says:

Congrats!!
    I was right 😍
    I ll leave you here some names
    – Isabel // Elisabeth
    – Kate
    – Alexandra
    -Lucy
    -Gabriela

20. Laura says:

Hello Louise! It is the first time I am comment on your blog (even though I’ve been following you since Plain Jane days). I do comment you a lot on Instagram but this post deserves my comment here!!

Yes!!! I knew it was a girl!! I am so happy for you guys!!! As a name suggestion…I can reveal how I want to name mine, which is Sienna! Also I love the names of Olivia and Emma.

I can’t wait to know her name!

Congrats!! 🙂

21. Cecilia says:

Congratulations! I suggest Charlotte (à la française), Eloise, Elizabeth, Katherine, Victoria, Cecilia, Annalisa (italian).

22. Christina says:

Congratulations!!! How exciting! My name suggestion = Scarlett. 🙂

• Hello everybody! My name is Honor and I am 5 days old. I was born a week early and don’t quite fit into my onesies yet 👶Thank you for all your lovely messages welcoming me into the world 💕
  • How my bump grew from 3 months to 9 months... to baby! This first pic was taken way back in Spring when I was barely showing, I can remember wondering if people would guess! What an epic journey. Thank you all SO much for your heartfelt and kind messages yesterday, I can’t believe how many of you wrote to congratulate us. We are enjoying our new little family unit at home.
  • The last few days have been a life-changing whirlwind and the best of my life. Welcoming our daughter, Honor Florence Crosby Hunkin, born January 11th. We are both doing well, and enjoying getting to know each other. @mackenziehunkin and I are just besotted ❤️
  • Sure doesn’t feel like Winter in LA, but I’ll take it! See how I’m styling light layers & check out the maternity jeans that have been a total lifesaver – link in bio http://liketk.it/2udkV #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Swipe to see my Insta life vs. preggo real life! Today on #FrontRoe I’m talking about how to make a statement in one single color – click the link in my bio to read, and shop the look: http://liketk.it/2ubSD #liketkit @liketoknow.it #ltkbump
  • Is anyone else as obsessed with the splatter crockery as much as I am? I’m absolutely in love with these dishes from @emma_bridgewater, so I’ve made a winter dinner party tablescape with them on #FrontRoe today. The best part? Get them for yourself 30% off until Jan 31st with my special code LOUISE30! More details at the link in my bio http://liketk.it/2ubO8 #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • I think diamonds are the perfect gift for a life milestone — especially one as unique and precious as having your first baby! Watch my stories to see @mackenziehunkin and I shop for this stunning interlock diamond ring, a push present that will represent our new little family of 3 👶💕 @realisadiamond #realisrare #myloveisrare #ad (jewelry: @efcollection)
  • Come play inside MY CLOSET! For the first time ever I’m taking you inside my wardrobe, plus sharing tips on how to detox and organize yours! Link in bio
  • Finally a rainy day in LA ☔️ And this is one of my favorite rainy day hair hacks - tuck your hair into your coat and be done with it!
  • This time last year at the #GoldenGlobes! Today, I’ll be LIVE on Instagram at 3.30pm PT breaking down the fashion from my sofa instead!! Who’s joining our party??
  • Does anyone else get excited when the @Pantone color of the year gets announced?! (I know...I'm a nerd) but from eating my favorite English chocolate bar, to the perfect pair of velvet boots, today on #FrontRoe I'm talking about 12 chic ways incorporate ‘Ultra Violet’ into your life (including the coolest paint color from @homedepot that has major "The Crown" vibes) - click the link in my bio #ad
  • Two bumps and a babe (could that be our girl band name!?) so special to see these girlies @chiaraferragni @rachelzeilic 👶 👶
Louise Roe Bronze Smokey Eye Beauty Tutorial
New Beauty Tutorial: Sexy Bronze Eyes and Golden, Glowy Skin

It's officially Fall here in LA this week and I'm actually loving the colder weather and grey mornings. I'm snuggled...