Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!

Ready to find out the gender of our baby?? I’m so excited to announce that Mackenzie and I are having a little GIRL, and we can’t wait to meet her! It’s been so much fun reading all of your comments, and all of the guesses based on the size and shape of my bump. Funnily enough, so many of you thought I was having a boy! I guess it just goes to show you that each pregnant woman carries differently, and that those old wives tales about bump shape aren’t always accurate.

While we don’t have any names 100% chosen yet, we do have a few that we really love (which we won’t be revealing until she’s born – sorry!). Since nothing is set in stone yet, make sure to comment all your name suggestions – we’ll definitely be reading each one. We are just so over the moon that we’re having a girl – though we would have of course been thrilled either way. Mackenzie was convinced we were having a boy, and it’s very sweet: he’s already so protective, and worrying about her having boyfriends in the future. I told him we’ve got a while before we need to face all that! I just can’t wait to see him with her – they do say you fall in love with your partner in a whole new way once you see them as a parent.

We’ve begun working on her nursery, which you guys will see soon, and we had a fun little gender reveal for some of our friends recently. I wanted to show you guys the cute setup we did, to give some party inspiration.

We wanted to decorations to be relatively gender neutral, as we didn’t want to give the surprise away upfront. Yellow and green flowers are a great addition for the table, and even certain shades of blue (like on this cute garland) can be gender neutral. I always love gold accents, so I laid a chic gold foil garland on the table and set out gold straws. The surprise came when Mackenzie popped these hilarious poppers (available here on Etsy), and pink glitter exploded everywhere! There are so many fun gender reveal accessories on Etsy, that it would be easy to get carried away – LOL. For treats, I chose these deliciously simple gluten-free vanilla cupcakes, which were also neutral and didn’t take away from the other decorations.

What do you guys think? Did any of you guess the gender correctly? Tell me in the comments below, and don’t forget to send your name suggestions!

Shop The Post

Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations
Louise Roe's Gender Reveal Party Decorations

23 responses to “Find Out Our Baby’s Gender!”

Congratulations on your baby girl!!!!! This must be so exciting for you both!Thank you for sharing with us too!!

2. James Pearn says:

Congratulations. I have two girls. They are the loves of my life.

3. Lara Jones says:

Congrats Louise!!!!

4. Claudia says:

How exciting! Long shot that you’ll read this, but my husband and I are also expecting our first baby girl in January 🙂
    It sounds like we may actually be within a few weeks from each other. Anyway, it’s been super fun watching your bump grow and reading your pregnancy posts. Huge congrats to you and the hubby!!

5. Cristina says:

OMG I couldn’t be more happy for you. Congratulations 🎉🎊

6. Safa tr says:

Congratulations Louise 💖 sure she s gonna be pretty like her mummy 😍💗

7. Louise says:

Congratulations to you and your husband as well! xx

8. Sophia says:

Congratualtions to both of you ☺️ When I first saw you on “plane Jane” i thought “what a beautiful Woman” and now you gonna have a beautiful daughter 😍
    I think the Marlene is a

9. Sophia says:

… a cute and classic name for both girls and women. But maybe it sounds better to germans (in german 😄) than in englisch

10. Cheryl says:

Super fun!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

11. Isabel says:

Congratulations 🎉🎊🍾🎈🌷🌷

12. Katja says:

Congratulations on your baby girl! <3 Much love!

13. thefolia says:

I tell everyone I know who is pregnant about “Back Labor No More” by Janie McCoy King ( I even gave a copy to Emily Henderson). I read and tried the lift with 2 of the 3 of my pregnancies ( I was not going to redo my first experience!) The author dedicated an entire book to this lift and was soooo happy with the results. The baby has to be in the correct position for it to work (do some crawling before the big day to make certain) and be certain to be in the place where you would like to have the baby, because after this lift you will be holding your darling within ten minutes. Happy gestation to you!

14. Steph says:

Congratulations to you both! Very exciting! My niece’s name is Maya (pronounced May-ah) and she’s the most adorable, hilarious, well mannered little four year old ever! We call her May May and she loves it! X

15. Francesca says:

I wish you happiness and a lot of fun. You deserve them. Big hug… For the baby name I suggest…. FRANCESCA😊

16. Alice says:

Congratulations!!! You’ re both so nice and beautiful and I’m sure you’ re going to be a wonderful family.. 👨‍👩‍👧
    Wish you the best from Italy! 😘

I suggest Claire ♡

17. Me says:

I have two little lidies their names are Sofía and Pastora I like this two because of their meaning the First is knowledge and the second one is the one who leads, and also have religious symbology

18. Marcel says:

Congratulations Louise and to your husband. 😊
    She Will be a pretty woman like you Louise 😁

19. Mónica says:

Congrats!!
    I was right 😍
    I ll leave you here some names
    – Isabel // Elisabeth
    – Kate
    – Alexandra
    -Lucy
    -Gabriela

20. Laura says:

Hello Louise! It is the first time I am comment on your blog (even though I’ve been following you since Plain Jane days). I do comment you a lot on Instagram but this post deserves my comment here!!

Yes!!! I knew it was a girl!! I am so happy for you guys!!! As a name suggestion…I can reveal how I want to name mine, which is Sienna! Also I love the names of Olivia and Emma.

I can’t wait to know her name!

Congrats!! 🙂

21. Cecilia says:

Congratulations! I suggest Charlotte (à la française), Eloise, Elizabeth, Katherine, Victoria, Cecilia, Annalisa (italian).

22. Christina says:

Congratulations!!! How exciting! My name suggestion = Scarlett. 🙂

• I missed the floral memo 🌺 🌸
@tanyaphilipson @milliemackintosh
  • All the things I wish I knew before I started blogging... Link in bio. How many of my followers are bloggers? I'm so curious! Comment below with your sites and I'll check them out! http://liketk.it/2wa6N #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Stomp the divots baby! Such a fab day @Cartier #Cartierpolo
Ps. My dress is @saloniofficial for those asking 💃
  • Happy 1st Father’s Day to this amazing man @mackenziehunkin, Honor and I love you so much.
Ps. We are off to the polo... my favorite thing! Watch along on my stories
  • Made it to England, where baby jet lag is no joke!!
But first can we talk about these 🐚 ... brava @rderavenel
  • It's Friday, and sometimes you just need a girl's night in, right?? Today on #FrontRoe I've cherry picked my top favorite documentaries that every fashion girl NEEDS to watch. So round up the girls and get watching tonight - consider it research? How many on the list have you seen? Tell me below!
  • A pre-Father's Day outing for our little fam, with @mackenziehunkin and I both decked out in new @neimanmarcus goodies! Did you guys see the looks I styled for him? Click the link in my bio to see and shop @neimansman #neimanmarcus #neimansman #ad
  • See you in the morning London! 🍷 @theprivatesuite
  • I love it when my friends make clothes and bags I can wear! If you follow me on the @liketoknow.it app, screenshot this pic to shop the entire look 📷 👖 🕶
http://liketk.it/2w7Xa #liketkit
  • Belated Mother’s Day surprise trip from @mackenziehunkin, yes please! We loved road-tripping with @silvercar and I was treated to a pretty picnic in the orange groves (thanks babes for being the designated driver!) #silvercarpartner #discoversomethingbetter​
  • One of my biggest saving graces during pregnancy and these first few months with Honor, has been having a solid group of mummy friends to talk to. Things can get lonely, even when you're surrounded by people. Which sounds silly but am I right?! It's so important to have someone who's going through (or gone through) what you are, to share your worries with, go to for advice, or just plain vent to. I was so happy to find the @peanut app, which is a social network for meeting like-minded mummies in your area. I've been using their Pages feature to get advice on everything from going back to work, post-natal fitness, and weaning Honor onto foods. I've had some amazing tips from other mums - I wish their new 'Pregnancy' page had been around when I was pregnant! If you're pregnant, or a new mummy, get on @peanut and share your tips with me! #peanutapp
  • I did it! Thank you Queen of color @lorrigoddard_ for making me blonde for the summer
Louise Roe Bronze Smokey Eye Beauty Tutorial
New Beauty Tutorial: Sexy Bronze Eyes and Golden, Glowy Skin

It's officially Fall here in LA this week and I'm actually loving the colder weather and grey mornings. I'm snuggled...