How To Style Neutral Knits For Fashion Week

I can’t deny that I love any opportunity to snuggle up in cozy layers… And there is nothing more perfect for doing exactly that than a turtle neck. Thick or thin, oversized or fitted, if it’s in a neutral shade, then I’ll have them all please! When your packing space is limited for Fashion Week, they’re the perfect piece to throw in your bag that will mix and match with any bottom that you bring. There are infinite ways to style neutral turtlenecks, appropriate for every occasion, and this fall I’m pairing mine with a color palette of soft, warm shades of peachy pinks, burnt oranges, deep maroons, and, of course, neutrals. I love to choose pieces in multiple shades, but also with contrasting textures to style with my neutral knits: from leather to silk, embroidered to crocodile skin. There’s something expensive-looking about mixing your textures like this that I love – it’s a great way to cheat a high-end look without necessarily having to splurge.

Obviously, turtlenecks are easy to style for a casual look – you could pair them with pretty much any kind of jean and shoe. But the perfect way to dress them up for Fashion Week (which is like the fashion Superbowl!) is with leather pants and a statement heel. You guys already know how much I love a leather trouser, and they’re basically a match made in heaven with any knit.

I’ve coupled this gorgeous lightweight caramel knit with my favorite maroon leather pants, then added in these super fun leopard heeled mules (how cute are they?!) and this beautiful honey-toned satchel bag for a no-brainer look that I feel chic and comfortable jetting about New York in.

Shop My Look:

Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants
Louise Roe wearing knit sweater and leather pants

What I’m Wearing: Sweater by Cuyana (similar here), pants by Day Birger Et Mikkelsen (similar here), heels by Senso (similar here), bag by Brahmin.

19 responses to “How To Style Neutral Knits For Fashion Week”

1. #FREEBIEFRIDAYS

6. Alice Hudson says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    @alicemarie07

love this fall look 💗

7. Suze says:

#freebiefriday #freebiefridays Instagram racer0909

I love these colours and want the bag!

8. Deborahcon_h says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    IG Name: amitkeidar

Xx

13. Teresa Jennifer Sugumar says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS

@teresa_jenni

I love your color coordination. 😍
    On point!!

Instagram: rome__m

17. Katharina Blattner says:

#FREEBIEFRIDAYS
    On Instagram :
    @katblattner

18. Leila alemi says:

#FrontRoeWins adore this look!

19. ana-looka says:

I love this look!!!

• Soaking up the English ☀️
  • This time last week! #PalmSprings @oliviaculpo @peaceloveshea
  • Flowers for my Mummy 🌸
Tag your mummy below! 💕
  • Hold the ☎️ http://liketk.it/2wlw6 #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Do you check your phone last thing before bed? Scary fact: that can affect your skin! Click the link in my bio to watch my new night time beauty routine - which has made a massive difference to my complexion! See how I use @EsteeLauder #AdvancedNightRepair Eye Supercharged Complex - and how it fights the effects of screen time before bed 🛏 #EsteePartner
  • What's black and white and chic all over? Today on #FrontRoe I'm sharing my favorite polka dot pieces to update your Summer look. From bikinis to dresses, trousers and skirts - trust me, you'll want to add these to your cart - link in bio! http://liketk.it/2wqnM #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Feels like I’m in a Slim Aarons scene - Palm Springs you’ve been a stylish, sweltering whirlwind! Stay tuned for this awesome @vitalproteins campaign #feedyourbeauty
  • For those of you that have baby showers coming up - check out my post on #FrontRoe today! As a new mum, I'm sharing the gifts that are most welcomed as parents of a newborn (hint: onesies do not make the cut!) Link in bio⠀
  • Did somebody say Thelma & Louise??! From 🇬🇧 to the 🌵 I am excited to be shooting the @vitalproteins campaign! Cannot wait for you guys to see the pics... #FeedYourBeauty
  • Lots of you asking about my skin from yesterday’s insta stories! I mean... it was good light 💡! But I’ve just filmed a tutorial on my nighttime routine - click the link in my bio to subscribe to my YouTube channel and be the first to watch it next week! Xx
  • My husband thinking about the fact he ate 8 (that’s EIGHT) 🥐 in 2 days! Thank you for the butter Paris 🇫🇷
@smithhotels
  • Happy #4thofJuly from Paris to all my American followers! 🎉🎇The 4th has always been such a fun US holiday - it's the epitome of Summer celebrations. Today on #FrontRoe I'm sharing some of my favorite floral dresses that are just perfect for all your festive gatherings this season - link in bio! http://liketk.it/2woCR #liketkit @liketoknow.it ⠀
Louise Roe Trip To The Envoy Hotel In Boston
Front Roe Travels: Our Trip To Boston!

One of my favorite parts about my job is being able to travel all over the world, and while I've...