My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin

I always get tons of questions on my daily makeup routine, and while I sometimes go for full coverage and a more dramatic eye, for photoshoots (it helps even out lighting), in my every day life I’m super low maintenance. I prefer a 5 minute routine with less steps, and less products! I believe that the basis for good makeup is great, clear, glowy skin, and it allows you to need less product day-to-day. I thought it would be fun to show you guys the “no-makeup makeup” look that I actually do on a daily basis. This look is only 3 steps and lasts all day, which is the perfect routine for on-the-go ladies like myself. Plus, you can also shop all the products I used from Sephora below.

Shop The Look:

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 1: Primer

I always start by making sure my skin is clean and well moisturized. Not a day goes by that I don’t use serum, followed by an SPF moisturizer in the morning. It’s a crucial part of my routine that makes sure skin is supple and better prepared to take on makeup. My first makeup product is always a primer, and lately I’ve been loving this new Milk Blur Stick. I tend to suffer from dark circles and redness around my nose, so color correction is something I try to do even when I’m wearing minimal makeup. This stick acts almost like a lightweight foundation and color corrector. It blurs out pores, evens skin tones and corrects redness, which is perfect for me. I also love the texture it leaves on my skin – not matte, but not shiny, it’s that perfect balance of slightly dewy!

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 2: Light Foundation

Next up is a buildable foundation, which I actually don’t use all over the face. I love this Tarte Clay Stick Foundation, as you can draw it on specific areas of your face almost like a highlighter, and blend with your fingers. I use it on my cheekbones, under the eyes, around my nose, and a bit on my chin – kind of like a concealer! This gives a bit of a contouring effect, and allows some of your natural skin tone to show through while still being perfected (which is the goal of the no makeup look, right?). I also love that this brand is safe and natural – free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, talc, gluten, and it’s even vegan! A huge plus.

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 3: Setting Powder

Finally, I always set my makeup. This is an important step in the ‘no makeup’ look especially in Summer. Because the coverage is already pretty light, you risk sweating off your makeup completely without using something to hold it in place. While I sometimes go for a setting spray, I find that a powder works best in Summer. I’ve always been a huge fan of the famous Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – it’s legendary for a reason! It blends smoothly over makeup, doesn’t look ashy or cakey, and helps everything stay for hours. My tip? Always tap the brush to lose the excess powder before applying it, and only cover your T-zone, and under the eye. This means you’ll still keep the shimmering, dewy areas on your cheekbones. To finish everything off, I complete my look with a bit of brow pencil and one or two swipes of mascara. Voila! What do you think of my look?

Products Used: Blur Stick by Milk Makeup, Light-Medium Neutral Clay Stick Foundation by Tarte Cosmetics, Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier, all from Sephora

6 responses to “My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin”

1. Tania says:

That dress looks stunning on you 🙂

2. Alejandra Paredes says:

The powders. are colorless? What do you recommend?

3. Lilioutfits says:

Love your make up!It looks so well!thanks for your tips

4. Rebecca says:

Great Post!! Could you share where that gorgeous dress (maybe romper?) is from?

5. wpadmin says:

Hey Rebecca, thanks so much for your comment. It’s a set from Faithfull The Brand, I’ll be posting about it in the next week or two as I’m obsessed with the color and print at the moment! x

6. wpadmin says:

For light to medium skin, buy the original translucent powder. But if you have deep-dark skin go for their newer translucent deep shade, as the original might wash you out! Hope that helps

• Sparkles at sunset...
  • I got inspired and wrote this on the plane. Our 1 year anniversary is coming up! We're still newlyweds so I'm certainly no expert, but I've learned some fun and helpful tips over the last year with this nutter @mackenziehunkin. Click the link in my bio to read my tips for a happier marriage or relationship! ❤️
  • Neutral knits are my favorite mix-and-match item - perfect for when you're limited on packing space. Now Fall is here I'll be cozying up in mine loads. See my favorite at link in bio xx http://liketk.it/2sNlO #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • A recap of our recent adventure to Boston is now up on the blog - Click the link in my bio to read about our stay at the @envoyboston, and shop my outfits on my stories! http://liketk.it/2sNh6 @liketoknow.it #liketkit #ExactlyLikeNothingElse @autographhotels
  • Boy or Girl?! Can you guys tell from my bump? This baby was kicking like crazy while I got ready last night for the screening of @zoeisabellakravitz new movie 'Gemini' at @envoyboston! PS. I loved it 🍿http://liketk.it/2sMHw #liketkit @liketoknow.it #LTKbump @autographhotels #exactlylikenothingelse
  • I haven't done a jigsaw puzzle since I was a kid, they're what rainy days were made for!
Style tip: I love stacking these mixed metal bracelets from @monicavinader Signature collection #MYMV #ad
  • Just settled in and ready to explore Boston! Our home away from home this week at @envoyboston has the most beautiful view of the city. We're loving the excuse to get bundled up! @autographhotels #exactlylikenothingelse
  • Sharing a recap of my #Emmys look on the blog today! Click the link in my bio to read about my gorgeous gown, accessories, and glam look http://liketk.it/2sLwp #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • When you run out of clothes in the middle of #NYFW, and end up finding your new favorite trend for Fall! Loving copper pieces right now. Click the link in my bio for this full look, now up on the blog http://liketk.it/2sLge #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • What happens when your clothes don't fit at New York Fashion Week 🙈 New vlog is up! Click the link in my bio to watch and don't forget to comment underneath.
  • The bump's first red carpet! I went with this beautiful @adeam lace dress, thank you so much for all your votes guys! http://liketk.it/2sL5e #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • So excited to hit the #Emmys red carpet tonight in my @marco_bicego jewels. I love the bold gold against my dress - thank you to everyone who voted! I’ll be sharing a blog post later this week with all the details on my full look #marcobicego http://liketk.it/2sKos #liketkit @liketoknow.it
Louise Roe using SKII Facial Treatment Essence
My Anti-Aging Secret Weapon

I'm so excited to talk to you guys today about one of my favorite beauty products. I've partnered with SK-II...