My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin

I always get tons of questions on my daily makeup routine, and while I sometimes go for full coverage and a more dramatic eye, for photoshoots (it helps even out lighting), in my every day life I’m super low maintenance. I prefer a 5 minute routine with less steps, and less products! I believe that the basis for good makeup is great, clear, glowy skin, and it allows you to need less product day-to-day. I thought it would be fun to show you guys the “no-makeup makeup” look that I actually do on a daily basis. This look is only 3 steps and lasts all day, which is the perfect routine for on-the-go ladies like myself. Plus, you can also shop all the products I used from Sephora below.

Shop The Look:

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 1: Primer

I always start by making sure my skin is clean and well moisturized. Not a day goes by that I don’t use serum, followed by an SPF moisturizer in the morning. It’s a crucial part of my routine that makes sure skin is supple and better prepared to take on makeup. My first makeup product is always a primer, and lately I’ve been loving this new Milk Blur Stick. I tend to suffer from dark circles and redness around my nose, so color correction is something I try to do even when I’m wearing minimal makeup. This stick acts almost like a lightweight foundation and color corrector. It blurs out pores, evens skin tones and corrects redness, which is perfect for me. I also love the texture it leaves on my skin – not matte, but not shiny, it’s that perfect balance of slightly dewy!

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 2: Light Foundation

Next up is a buildable foundation, which I actually don’t use all over the face. I love this Tarte Clay Stick Foundation, as you can draw it on specific areas of your face almost like a highlighter, and blend with your fingers. I use it on my cheekbones, under the eyes, around my nose, and a bit on my chin – kind of like a concealer! This gives a bit of a contouring effect, and allows some of your natural skin tone to show through while still being perfected (which is the goal of the no makeup look, right?). I also love that this brand is safe and natural – free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, talc, gluten, and it’s even vegan! A huge plus.

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 3: Setting Powder

Finally, I always set my makeup. This is an important step in the ‘no makeup’ look especially in Summer. Because the coverage is already pretty light, you risk sweating off your makeup completely without using something to hold it in place. While I sometimes go for a setting spray, I find that a powder works best in Summer. I’ve always been a huge fan of the famous Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – it’s legendary for a reason! It blends smoothly over makeup, doesn’t look ashy or cakey, and helps everything stay for hours. My tip? Always tap the brush to lose the excess powder before applying it, and only cover your T-zone, and under the eye. This means you’ll still keep the shimmering, dewy areas on your cheekbones. To finish everything off, I complete my look with a bit of brow pencil and one or two swipes of mascara. Voila! What do you think of my look?

Products Used: Blur Stick by Milk Makeup, Light-Medium Neutral Clay Stick Foundation by Tarte Cosmetics, Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier, all from Sephora

6 responses to “My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin”

1. Tania says:

That dress looks stunning on you 🙂

2. Alejandra Paredes says:

The powders. are colorless? What do you recommend?

3. Lilioutfits says:

Love your make up!It looks so well!thanks for your tips

4. Rebecca says:

Great Post!! Could you share where that gorgeous dress (maybe romper?) is from?

5. wpadmin says:

Hey Rebecca, thanks so much for your comment. It’s a set from Faithfull The Brand, I’ll be posting about it in the next week or two as I’m obsessed with the color and print at the moment! x

6. wpadmin says:

For light to medium skin, buy the original translucent powder. But if you have deep-dark skin go for their newer translucent deep shade, as the original might wash you out! Hope that helps

• Hot Mum, CEO and all-round stylish Scandi @aninebing 💕
Shop both our outfits here:
http://liketk.it/2txjw #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • I can't believe I made this! Today on the blog I'm showing you how to make a festive table garland for Thanksgiving. Click the link in my bio to see how to make it before Thursday. Look out, Martha Stewart (well not at all but a girl’s gotta have goals!) http://liketk.it/2twkG #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • The truth: did I get lip injections?? Click the link in my bio to find out, and learn my ultimate beauty trick...
Ps. Watch the full YouTube video to the end: there’s an awesome #GIVEAWAY! (🎼 @dondiablo, ‘don’t let go ft. Holly Winter)
  • Looking through old pics this morning, and found this from November last year, in Mexico... How things have changed, I don’t quite look like that in a bikini right now!
  • What to wear when it's warm one day and chilly the next? I'm styling a transitional Fall look on the blog today, wearing one of my favorite Summer dresses with rich, Fall accessories! Visit the blog for more http://liketk.it/2tr3t #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • How to take your skin from dull to dewy in 28 days? Click the link in my bio to Check out my blog to read my honest opinion on my #Olay28Day Challenge results. I used the Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream and the Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream day and night for 28 days straight - see if you can tell the difference! Click on the link in my bio to find the best regimen for your skincare needs with @Olay Skin Advisor. I hope you all join the challenge and I’m giving 28 of you guys $40 off your purchase when you visit the website and enter 28DAYS9486 at the checkout!
  • So excited to announce that I'm now a contributor for @whowhatwear.uk! Click the link in my bio to read my first piece, about the Fall style pieces that both Brit & American girls will go bananas over this season. (PS. my lippie is the perfect bright red - grab it here: http://liketk.it/2tsTi #liketkit @liketoknow.it)
  • Ten cozy coats you NEED to shop for Fall - on the blog today! Click the link in my bio to shop http://liketk.it/2ts0T #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Meet @Olay Whip! It's SUPER moisturizing without a heavy feel - it delivers 1,000 times its weight in moisture, so I'm going to use it day and night this season to battle dry skin. There's a super limited amount available right now - BUT I'm giving my readers the chance to grab it on pre-sale before it sells out. Click the link in my bio to get yours #feelthefuture #feelthewhip
  • Swipe to see the dramatic before and after transformation of our major design project. We had so much fun transforming this 150 year old barn into a chic gentleman’s lounge!
  • Anyone remember seeing my secret project with the amazing @em_henderson on stories a few months ago? If you don’t already,
be sure to follow her! I'm so excited to finally reveal what we were working on! We partnered with @Samsunguk to transform a 150 year-old rundown barn into an elegant gentleman's lounge, with their new The Frame TV as the chic focal point. Click the link in my bio to read about our inspiration & design process, & to see the final product #TheFrame #DesignedForYourSpace
  • I don’t normally do throwbacks, but just found this from our trip to Hawaii and had to post because 1) @Mackenziehunkin is wearing flowers 🙈and 2) I was newly pregnant and didn’t know it! Luckily, I wasn’t feeling so great so I didn’t have any cocktails 🍹!Cue the #gettinglaid captions 😂
Louise Roe using SKII Facial Treatment Essence
My Anti-Aging Secret Weapon

I'm so excited to talk to you guys today about one of my favorite beauty products. I've partnered with SK-II...