My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin

I always get tons of questions on my daily makeup routine, and while I sometimes go for full coverage and a more dramatic eye, for photoshoots (it helps even out lighting), in my every day life I’m super low maintenance. I prefer a 5 minute routine with less steps, and less products! I believe that the basis for good makeup is great, clear, glowy skin, and it allows you to need less product day-to-day. I thought it would be fun to show you guys the “no-makeup makeup” look that I actually do on a daily basis. This look is only 3 steps and lasts all day, which is the perfect routine for on-the-go ladies like myself. Plus, you can also shop all the products I used from Sephora below.

Shop The Look:

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 1: Primer

I always start by making sure my skin is clean and well moisturized. Not a day goes by that I don’t use serum, followed by an SPF moisturizer in the morning. It’s a crucial part of my routine that makes sure skin is supple and better prepared to take on makeup. My first makeup product is always a primer, and lately I’ve been loving this new Milk Blur Stick. I tend to suffer from dark circles and redness around my nose, so color correction is something I try to do even when I’m wearing minimal makeup. This stick acts almost like a lightweight foundation and color corrector. It blurs out pores, evens skin tones and corrects redness, which is perfect for me. I also love the texture it leaves on my skin – not matte, but not shiny, it’s that perfect balance of slightly dewy!

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 2: Light Foundation

Next up is a buildable foundation, which I actually don’t use all over the face. I love this Tarte Clay Stick Foundation, as you can draw it on specific areas of your face almost like a highlighter, and blend with your fingers. I use it on my cheekbones, under the eyes, around my nose, and a bit on my chin – kind of like a concealer! This gives a bit of a contouring effect, and allows some of your natural skin tone to show through while still being perfected (which is the goal of the no makeup look, right?). I also love that this brand is safe and natural – free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, talc, gluten, and it’s even vegan! A huge plus.

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 3: Setting Powder

Finally, I always set my makeup. This is an important step in the ‘no makeup’ look especially in Summer. Because the coverage is already pretty light, you risk sweating off your makeup completely without using something to hold it in place. While I sometimes go for a setting spray, I find that a powder works best in Summer. I’ve always been a huge fan of the famous Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – it’s legendary for a reason! It blends smoothly over makeup, doesn’t look ashy or cakey, and helps everything stay for hours. My tip? Always tap the brush to lose the excess powder before applying it, and only cover your T-zone, and under the eye. This means you’ll still keep the shimmering, dewy areas on your cheekbones. To finish everything off, I complete my look with a bit of brow pencil and one or two swipes of mascara. Voila! What do you think of my look?

Products Used: Blur Stick by Milk Makeup, Light-Medium Neutral Clay Stick Foundation by Tarte Cosmetics, Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier, all from Sephora

6 responses to “My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin”

1. Tania says:

That dress looks stunning on you 🙂

2. Alejandra Paredes says:

The powders. are colorless? What do you recommend?

3. Lilioutfits says:

Love your make up!It looks so well!thanks for your tips

4. Rebecca says:

Great Post!! Could you share where that gorgeous dress (maybe romper?) is from?

5. wpadmin says:

Hey Rebecca, thanks so much for your comment. It’s a set from Faithfull The Brand, I’ll be posting about it in the next week or two as I’m obsessed with the color and print at the moment! x

6. wpadmin says:

For light to medium skin, buy the original translucent powder. But if you have deep-dark skin go for their newer translucent deep shade, as the original might wash you out! Hope that helps

• Remember when Mummy Roe came to town and we made the yummiest (& healthiest) dessert of all time? The recipe for our spiced pear cobbler is on #FrontRoe now, link in bio.
  • Long weekend vibes 🕶
Shop my outfit by downloading the @liketoknow.it app and then ‘liking’ this pic! http://liketk.it/2uxvk #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • So many of you asked where Honor’s carrier is from in the video I posted yesterday, so here’s a lot more info about it! It's a wrap by @newbielove.carriers and she loves riding in it.
Click the link in my bio to see how these wraps can actually help your newborn's development! #newbielove #babycarrier #newborn #OrganicCotton #FairTrade #eco #wearallthebabies #hugabub #babywearing #baby #childhoodunplugged
  • My new favorite way to start the weekend ☀️ ♥️
Never felt more grateful or happy
  • Do you guys get stressed? How do you deal with it... tears? Wine? Shopping?! Stress is something we ALL deal with, so why does it make us feel so alone? I want to talk about it.
Today on the blog I’m sharing my tips on how to overcome this crappy feeling in your daily life – tell me in the comments your own hacks for dealing with stress! Link in bio
  • Ok guys, as a new mum I'm hardly an expert yet but I DO have some opinions on
what you need for your baby's changing table. Click the link in my bio to see my must-
haves that I've curated with @pampersus
  • Need some V-day outfit inspo? Shop my date outfit ideas at the link in my bio - they're ALL under $100! From a night out, to a day date - you're covered ❤️
  • Mum and Dad 💕 @mackenziehunkin tried the new premium Captain scent from @OldSpice Red Collection and now he smells so good, I just can't help but snuggle up to him! Any ideas for how new parents of a 4-week-old can celebrate Valentine's Day? #ouioldspice
  • Throwback to last summer in NYC! While I'm not all that sad about missing out on this year's freezing #NYFW, if you're in the big apple you have to check out my secret shopping spots that I shared with @whowhatwear.uk! Link in bio
  • Chic all-black design, plus rich double-stitch tan leatherette accents? I'm actually NOT talking about a handbag or shoes - but our stroller! LOL. Click the link in my bio to see which @myjoolz pram we chose for Honor and why #myjoolz #joolztailor
  • Chilling in the garden... not mad about missing the blizzards at NY fashion week! What are you all up to today?
http://liketk.it/2uxw0 #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Did you guys know that since living in LA, I've moved house 5 TIMES? I recently spoke to @people to share my tips on how to overcome the chaos involved with moving, and my favorite new decor trend (hint: it involves extra dark, moody paint colors from @homedepot). Click the link in my bio to read!
Louise Roe using SKII Facial Treatment Essence
My Anti-Aging Secret Weapon

I'm so excited to talk to you guys today about one of my favorite beauty products. I've partnered with SK-II...