My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin

I always get tons of questions on my daily makeup routine, and while I sometimes go for full coverage and a more dramatic eye, for photoshoots (it helps even out lighting), in my every day life I’m super low maintenance. I prefer a 5 minute routine with less steps, and less products! I believe that the basis for good makeup is great, clear, glowy skin, and it allows you to need less product day-to-day. I thought it would be fun to show you guys the “no-makeup makeup” look that I actually do on a daily basis. This look is only 3 steps and lasts all day, which is the perfect routine for on-the-go ladies like myself. Plus, you can also shop all the products I used from Sephora below.

Shop The Look:

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 1: Primer

I always start by making sure my skin is clean and well moisturized. Not a day goes by that I don’t use serum, followed by an SPF moisturizer in the morning. It’s a crucial part of my routine that makes sure skin is supple and better prepared to take on makeup. My first makeup product is always a primer, and lately I’ve been loving this new Milk Blur Stick. I tend to suffer from dark circles and redness around my nose, so color correction is something I try to do even when I’m wearing minimal makeup. This stick acts almost like a lightweight foundation and color corrector. It blurs out pores, evens skin tones and corrects redness, which is perfect for me. I also love the texture it leaves on my skin – not matte, but not shiny, it’s that perfect balance of slightly dewy!

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 2: Light Foundation

Next up is a buildable foundation, which I actually don’t use all over the face. I love this Tarte Clay Stick Foundation, as you can draw it on specific areas of your face almost like a highlighter, and blend with your fingers. I use it on my cheekbones, under the eyes, around my nose, and a bit on my chin – kind of like a concealer! This gives a bit of a contouring effect, and allows some of your natural skin tone to show through while still being perfected (which is the goal of the no makeup look, right?). I also love that this brand is safe and natural – free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, talc, gluten, and it’s even vegan! A huge plus.

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 3: Setting Powder

Finally, I always set my makeup. This is an important step in the ‘no makeup’ look especially in Summer. Because the coverage is already pretty light, you risk sweating off your makeup completely without using something to hold it in place. While I sometimes go for a setting spray, I find that a powder works best in Summer. I’ve always been a huge fan of the famous Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – it’s legendary for a reason! It blends smoothly over makeup, doesn’t look ashy or cakey, and helps everything stay for hours. My tip? Always tap the brush to lose the excess powder before applying it, and only cover your T-zone, and under the eye. This means you’ll still keep the shimmering, dewy areas on your cheekbones. To finish everything off, I complete my look with a bit of brow pencil and one or two swipes of mascara. Voila! What do you think of my look?

Products Used: Blur Stick by Milk Makeup, Light-Medium Neutral Clay Stick Foundation by Tarte Cosmetics, Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier, all from Sephora

6 responses to “My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin”

1. Tania says:

That dress looks stunning on you 🙂

2. Alejandra Paredes says:

The powders. are colorless? What do you recommend?

3. Lilioutfits says:

Love your make up!It looks so well!thanks for your tips

4. Rebecca says:

Great Post!! Could you share where that gorgeous dress (maybe romper?) is from?

5. wpadmin says:

Hey Rebecca, thanks so much for your comment. It’s a set from Faithfull The Brand, I’ll be posting about it in the next week or two as I’m obsessed with the color and print at the moment! x

6. wpadmin says:

For light to medium skin, buy the original translucent powder. But if you have deep-dark skin go for their newer translucent deep shade, as the original might wash you out! Hope that helps

• Does anyone else own a scrapbook?! 📚🤣If you don't necessarily consider yourself to be an 'artistic' person but still enjoy getting creative, you've got to try scrapbooking! I've been doing it ever since I was young (and even kept a wedding inspo moodboard secret from Mackenzie for a few years before we got engaged, lol) - and it's such a fun, easy way to express yourself. See how to make your own at the link in my bio
  • Sunday stroll with the fam 👶 👫
  • All this wedding fever is making me emotional! So I thought I’d share our wedding video. 2 years ago, @mackenziehunkin & I were married right next to Windsor... see if you can spot the castle!
Congratulations to the new Duke and Duchess of Sussex 👑💕
  • A simple, 3-step, twice daily skincare routine that can help me combat signs of premature aging in just 4 weeks? Yes please! As a busy, tired new mum my skin needs all the help it can get right now. Click the link in my bio to see how @marykayUS's new TimeWise® Miracle Set 3D™is transforming my skin, and read which key beauty ingredients you need to look for now #TimeWise3D #ad
  • Tonight... @dgbeauty turned an LA rooftop into romantic Italy! What a stunning setting to launch their new perfume - watch it all on my stories #dgitalianzest #partner 📷 @stefaniekeenan
  • The #RoyalWedding is just days away! Is anyone else as excited as me to see Meghan's dress?! I can’t believe they’re getting married in the same town we did! Check out my Stories on Saturday morning for a running commentary with my girls! I'm celebrating with a very English Royal Wedding viewing party, complete with finger sandwiches, tea in chintz china cups, and @sprinklescupcakes inspired by Meghan and Harry's own wedding cake. Click the link in my bio to see the full spread, and to make it for yourself this weekend!
  • Hawaii! This day last year! Pregnant but I didn’t know it... thank goodness I didn’t feel so well - and stopped drinking the vacay cocktails 🍹🧘‍♀️
  • Feel a style slump coming on? When I’m feeling a bit blah, I look to my favorite publications and social media accounts to get my creative juices flowing. Today on #FrontRoe I'm sharing my top places for gathering inspiration, to help get you out of a fashion or creative rut! Link in bio http://liketk.it/2vKoe #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • Happy Mother’s Day!
I want to dedicate this post to one of my dearest friends, who became a Mummy to premature surrogate twins this year, only to tragically lose them a few hours later, as she held them in her arms. My friend had been through years of trying for a baby through IVF, and finally - after years of hope and patience - we all felt her and her husband’s dream of becoming parents was about to come true.
That heart-breaking day also happened to be the date Honor was born, so the poignancy was all the sharper. I still remember the moment I learned the news. My own mum was with me, and we wept silently, hugging.
I fully expected my friend to avoid Mackenzie and I for a while, to deal with her grief. Surely being around a newborn would just be too much. But testament to her angelic, brave character, she asked to come over. I’ll never forget the warmth and love in her eyes as she held Honor tight. She said she was full of hope. She said that the twins would be watching over, helping and guiding them on their continued journey to have a baby.
You’d think that would be enough to focus on, but no. Instead, this wonderful couple decided to set up @pompomsandstardust , a charity not only raising money to help other people have surrogate children, but one that offers crucial (and lacking) advice and support to the ‘IP’s’ (intended parents), along their journey.
If you or your loved ones have been through a difficult time conceiving, my heart goes out to you- I wish you strength, perseverance- and please feel free to share your story below.
The charity website will be up soon with more information, but for now follow @pompomsandstardust 💫
  • I don’t usually post throwbacks, but 1. my face ain’t cute right now after waaaay too little sleep! And 2. I just found this pic from the moment we arrived on honeymoon. I stepped out onto our balcony in Positano and took a deep breath and wow - what a view! Take me back to Italy!
  • Baywatch vibes for Friday afternoon by the pool! I’m obsessed with this @calzedonia swimsuit, check my stories to swipe up and shop it in time for Summer! #italianbeachwear #calzedonia #ad
  • My Summer uniform: denim, straw hat, & sandals made by my bestie @amanustudio
http://liketk.it/2vGPS #liketkit @liketoknow.it
Ps. Click the link in bio for the easiest, chicest, no-cook dinner party idea! Can you guess what it is?
Louise Roe using SKII Facial Treatment Essence
My Anti-Aging Secret Weapon

I'm so excited to talk to you guys today about one of my favorite beauty products. I've partnered with SK-II...