My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin

I always get tons of questions on my daily makeup routine, and while I sometimes go for full coverage and a more dramatic eye, for photoshoots (it helps even out lighting), in my every day life I’m super low maintenance. I prefer a 5 minute routine with less steps, and less products! I believe that the basis for good makeup is great, clear, glowy skin, and it allows you to need less product day-to-day. I thought it would be fun to show you guys the “no-makeup makeup” look that I actually do on a daily basis. This look is only 3 steps and lasts all day, which is the perfect routine for on-the-go ladies like myself. Plus, you can also shop all the products I used from Sephora below.

Shop The Look:

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 1: Primer

I always start by making sure my skin is clean and well moisturized. Not a day goes by that I don’t use serum, followed by an SPF moisturizer in the morning. It’s a crucial part of my routine that makes sure skin is supple and better prepared to take on makeup. My first makeup product is always a primer, and lately I’ve been loving this new Milk Blur Stick. I tend to suffer from dark circles and redness around my nose, so color correction is something I try to do even when I’m wearing minimal makeup. This stick acts almost like a lightweight foundation and color corrector. It blurs out pores, evens skin tones and corrects redness, which is perfect for me. I also love the texture it leaves on my skin – not matte, but not shiny, it’s that perfect balance of slightly dewy!

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 2: Light Foundation

Next up is a buildable foundation, which I actually don’t use all over the face. I love this Tarte Clay Stick Foundation, as you can draw it on specific areas of your face almost like a highlighter, and blend with your fingers. I use it on my cheekbones, under the eyes, around my nose, and a bit on my chin – kind of like a concealer! This gives a bit of a contouring effect, and allows some of your natural skin tone to show through while still being perfected (which is the goal of the no makeup look, right?). I also love that this brand is safe and natural – free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, talc, gluten, and it’s even vegan! A huge plus.

Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine
Louise Roe No Makeup Beauty Routine

Step 3: Setting Powder

Finally, I always set my makeup. This is an important step in the ‘no makeup’ look especially in Summer. Because the coverage is already pretty light, you risk sweating off your makeup completely without using something to hold it in place. While I sometimes go for a setting spray, I find that a powder works best in Summer. I’ve always been a huge fan of the famous Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – it’s legendary for a reason! It blends smoothly over makeup, doesn’t look ashy or cakey, and helps everything stay for hours. My tip? Always tap the brush to lose the excess powder before applying it, and only cover your T-zone, and under the eye. This means you’ll still keep the shimmering, dewy areas on your cheekbones. To finish everything off, I complete my look with a bit of brow pencil and one or two swipes of mascara. Voila! What do you think of my look?

Products Used: Blur Stick by Milk Makeup, Light-Medium Neutral Clay Stick Foundation by Tarte Cosmetics, Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier, all from Sephora

6 responses to “My 3-Step Routine for Flawless, Glowing Skin”

1. Tania says:

That dress looks stunning on you 🙂

2. Alejandra Paredes says:

The powders. are colorless? What do you recommend?

3. Lilioutfits says:

Love your make up!It looks so well!thanks for your tips

4. Rebecca says:

Great Post!! Could you share where that gorgeous dress (maybe romper?) is from?

5. wpadmin says:

Hey Rebecca, thanks so much for your comment. It’s a set from Faithfull The Brand, I’ll be posting about it in the next week or two as I’m obsessed with the color and print at the moment! x

6. wpadmin says:

For light to medium skin, buy the original translucent powder. But if you have deep-dark skin go for their newer translucent deep shade, as the original might wash you out! Hope that helps

• What's the ONE item in your closet you'll wear forever? For me, it's the timeless TRENCH, but I'm curious to hear yours! Shop my favorite trench coats for 2018: http://liketk.it/2wWqi#liketkit @liketoknow.it
PS. Can we talk about this chic bag by my friend @indiahicksstyle? Tap the tag to check out her other items 💼 ♥️
  • Did you see my watermelon margaritas on IGTV? Yummiest cocktail I’ve ever made! 🍉 🍸
  • #ad Today on #FrontRoe I’m sharing thoughts about going back to work after having a baby. All families are different, but returning to work is often hard, especially for breastfeeding mums. Click the link in my bio to read about how I’m making the transition easier for Honor and myself, by supplementing with @Enfamil NeuroPro formula. #BrainFirst
  • Getting some relief from this crazy LA heatwave with @TrueBotanicals Renew Nutrient Mist. I love a multitasking product when it's too hot to bother with several skincare steps. This mist is not only hydrating, anti-aging, and detoxifying, but it sets my makeup too. And I'm hooking you up! Try it at the link in my bio, and get 15% off sitewide with my discount code Louise15 #ad
  • Off to @atlantaapparel to style a show and give a talk on Resort trends! And ps. the peeps in Atlanta are SO friendly, what a welcome ♥️ #atlapparel
  • Did somebody say Happy Hour in HOT-Lanta?!! Where’s Nene Leakes when you need her... #spicymarg #Atlanta
  • Heading to ATLANTA!! So excited... please leave your recommendations below! What should I eat I’ve heard the food is 👌 Excited to be working with @atlantaapparel! Stay tuned on my stories to watch BTS of their huge event, looks I’ll be styling from the lines on show, in the market place! #atlapparel
  • One of the most common questions I've received from my fellow mummy followers? How to get your confidence back after having a baby. This is an issue we all struggle with, whether it be how we feel about our bodies, balancing work, or even our relationships. So today I'm talking about some of the things I did to help get my self esteem back after having Honor - I hope any new mums out there find them helpful! Link in bio http://liketk.it/2wRbU #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • She just asked for a pina colada
🍹 👶💅🏻🕶 💦
  • Heat 👋🏻
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
  • It’s FriYAY
Shop this look head to toe by swiping up on my stories (& download the @liketoknow.it app) http://liketk.it/2wP12 #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • 6 weeks of pure bliss seeing family and friends in England... after 10 years living abroad it doesn’t get any easier saying goodbye, there are always tears 😢
Do any of you guys live far from home? Where? 🌎
Louise Roe using SKII Facial Treatment Essence
My Anti-Aging Secret Weapon

I'm so excited to talk to you guys today about one of my favorite beauty products. I've partnered with SK-II...